Use this professional created Club Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Club managers are responsible for a fitness or health club’s optimal operations and management. Each day, club managers supervise a team of fitness associates and ensure club’s members are satisfied with their personal service. Club managers are also tasked to ensure the facility and equipment meet the needs of members for cleanliness and functionality.
Driving increased membership is another important aspect of a club manager’s job. As you develop an effective club manager job description, make sure you indicate the necessity of meeting monthly sales goals for membership. A good candidate must be able to develop strong marketing plans to increase membership numbers.
Ideally, a club manager should have some background in sales or customer service. A successful club manager must also be skilled in supervising a team of people. Experience in coaching and top communication skills are also essential for this role.
Club Manager Job Description Template
Do you have a natural ability to take charge and lead a team with ease? We need you, a self-assured, motivated club manager, to stimulate sales growth and build strong relationships with clients and members of your team. If you think you have what it takes to motivate, train and supervise efforts to boost sales and drive our club to unprecedented levels of success, we want to meet with you! In addition to managing day-to-day club operations, you will have the rewarding opportunity to bring your unique ideas and solutions to the plate and make big changes to the way we operate. We have been waiting for someone with your vision and expertise to take us to the next level, and we look forward to interviewing you.
- Supervise team members and provide them with the training and direction they need to meet company and personal expectations.
- Provide clients with superior services, products and guidance.
- Handle associate grievances, complaints and questions in a prompt manner. Involve human resources when necessary to handle sensitive situations and complaints.
- Prepare performance appraisals quarterly or annually and deliver them to each associate on a one-on-one basis.
- Discipline team members as needed, including issuing verbal warnings, write-ups and termination. Make recommendations for discipline and/or termination to other managing members of your staff as appropriate.
- Direct, supervise and assist with event marketing, preparation and cleanup. Schedule events regularly to drive new memberships and build community awareness.
- Build rapport and loyalty with customers and store managers by facilitating frequent communication and providing opportunities for feedback.
- Ensure that club facility and equipment are always kept clean, attractive, and in compliance with company standards and local regulations
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- One or more years of experience in a management position
- Strong performance management and coaching skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to pass a standard background check
- Previous sales experience