Use this professional created Graphic Designer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Graphic designers develop visual concepts for advertisements, online publications and product packaging. They typically use computer software to create these designs, but some images can also be created by hand. Ultimately, they are responsible for communicating an idea using strong visual elements and strategic layouts.
Graphic designers use technology to manipulate colors, images and text according to the needs of the client. Candidates should be familiar with different types of software, such as photo editors and digital illustrators, but a general knowledge of studio art and hand drawing is also helpful.
Your graphic designer job description should specify the level of experience you are looking for in addition to basic educational requirements. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification is necessary for this position, and an up-to-date portfolio will help you determine if the artist’s style matches the criteria you are looking for.
Graphic Designer Job Description Template
Do you notice the color palette of an advertisement? When you see a Photoshopped image, do you immediately see the flaws? If your eye is drawn to digital details and you are creatively inspired, you may have what it takes to work in our graphic design department. As a graphic designer, you can put your eye for design to use and create beautiful images and compelling marketing content. We rely on graphic designers to create the visual front of our company, and we value their contributions highly. If you are seeking a position where you can apply your graphic design expertise and join a supportive team, we welcome you to submit your resume and an accompanying application.
- Collaborate with fellow graphic designers and other departments to brainstorm ideas and develop new approaches to creating innovative and expressive graphics for the company.
- Design beautiful, interesting and effective graphics that are impressive and emphasize the company and the product at hand.
- Strategize designs that will elicit a positive response, communicate important ideas and share company values with viewers.
- Organize campaigns that utilize stunning graphics to create a positive impression of the company while promoting increased visibility.
- Develop goals relating to performance of final products, including viewership metrics and market response.
- Integrate company values into design work in order to effectively demonstrate the nature of the company and attract customers on an ideological basis.
- Consult with management to ensure designs adhere to company standards, express desired ideas and represent products accurately.
- Innovate new and exciting visual designs that capture the target market’s attention and sell them on essential aspects of the product.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a creative field
- Proficiency in programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of two years’ experience in graphic design
- Ability to multitask
- Certification in graphic design skills