Use this professional created Manufacturing Engineer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
A manufacturing is often involved with the creation side of a project, such as creating 3D models or putting together project bids. This kind of engineer can also work in end-support, such as troubleshooting and creating maintenance schedules. Other tasks include risk assessment and operation process analysis.
A manufacturing engineer needs a good eye for detail, for both the creation and the maintenance of products and machines. Next, the ability to analyze and react to these details, as well as communicate with coworkers and clients, is also key.
In your manufacturing engineer job description, include whether this is an entry-level or management position. The amount of education and experience will vary based on this. Important skills to require include critical thinking and mathematics.
Manufacturing Engineer Job Description Template
As a manufacturing corporation that currently employ more than 350 people, we are looking to hire a new manufacturing engineer for one of our local facilities. If you have the talent and technical knowledge to compete in the field of manufacturing, apply to join our diverse and talented team of engineers. You should have excellent communication, teamwork, and analytical skills, as well as electrical engineering, product design, and mechanical experience. If you are an ambitious and motivated individual looking for an opportunity to use your skills in a position with room for advancement, this is the position for you. Apply today and join us in helping provide economical and environmentally friendly manufacturing solutions.
- Maintain and manage automatic manufacturing equipment, ensuring it functions as intended; identify and diagnose any problems that arise in the manufacturing product line.
- Analyze the operation process to isolate inefficient steps or procedures and make recommendations to improve the efficiency of manufacturing.
- Gather data on operations and organize it into a useful report; present your findings in monthly board meetings, making suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Desigh new systems for the creation and mass manufacturing on products based on client specifications and with oversight from managers and client representatives.
- Create 3D models alongside other designers to model the product designs for clients.
- Assess the risk associated with automated equipment with the intention of making a safer working environment for all employees; help develop the criteria of safety standards alongside the safety managers.
- Perform research in the field of manufacturing to provide insight into new developments in the field of automated equipment.
- Advise in the hiring of new manufacturing engineering staff.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field
- One to two years of engineering experience or related internship
- Industry standard 3D modeling software proficiency
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Familiar with national and international shipping policies
- Available for traveling as needed.