Use this professional created Business Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Business managers develop and implement business strategies and use administrative skills to oversee operations and provide support. They also use accounting skills to manage finances and provide business analyses. They help shape how a company is operated.
Your business manager job description should stress the need for efficiency and productivity. Business managers create forecasts and develop processes to achieve these goals. They must be personable but effective leaders. They also need to understand the details of how the company works, including policies and the organizational chart, and be ready and able to answer questions from staff and customers.
Your job description should discuss educational requirements, usually a bachelor’s degree, although an MBA is preferred. Business managers should be excellent verbal and written communicators who can build relationships with staff and customers.
Business Manager Job Description Template
Our company strives to maintain a highly motivated team that enjoys being part of our business and providing the best customer service. With you on our side as an enthusiastic, personable and organized business manager, we will easily achieve this goal. You will work closely with our team members to develop and implement initiatives, including topnotch business strategies. With your strong administration skills, you will ensure that all operational processes run smoothly by overseeing certain operations and providing support to the project management team. You will also use your excellent accounting skills to manage our finances, provide business analyses and create reports for management as well as experience the excitement of crafting a smooth operation as you collaborate with department heads to develop and maintain an efficient company.
- Oversee the scheduling of staff and coordinate with HR in the recruitment, hiring, firing, training, performance reviews and other activities involving personnel.
- Monitor projects to ensure all aspects are completed on time and in an efficient and productive manner to increase profits and reduce the waste of resources.
- Coordinate with team leaders, department heads and other staff members to facilitate communication for the smooth running of the company.
- Create forecasts for projects with associated staff members and develop initiatives to achieve these goals.
- Review financial reports for accuracy, completeness and whether they are in line with current projections and ultimate business goals.
- Understand the inner workings of the company, including the organization chart, policies and other components so that you can answer any questions from customers or staff.
- Build relationships with staff members, clients, customers and other key players, and create a communication system that ensures all remain aware of important information.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations and company policies across the entire company, including implementing risk management and safety guidelines.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a business manager
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Demonstrated skill in business analysis
- Knowledge and experience in GAAP rules and accounting theory