Use this professional created Machine Press Operator job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
In the field of manufacturing, machine press operators are just some of many specialized workers that are tasked with operating specific machines to facilitate production. Just like any other manufacturing worker, machine press operators must be intimately familiar with safety procedures to ensure no accidents or injuries occur. They are also responsible for operating pressing machines, although they may also be tasked with operating other machines if they are qualified. A strong machine press operator job description will attract more talented workers.
Machine press operators must have experience with operating large manufacturing machines in order to prevent injury. Strong technical and mechanical knowledge is invaluable for this field.
It is also beneficial for machine press operators to have good physical stamina, an attention to detail, and analytical skills. Together, this allows workers to avoid costly mistakes.
Machine Press Operator Job Description Template
If you consider yourself a machine whisperer and enjoy a well-organized yet noisy work environment, we’d love to have you join our team as a machine press operator. We’ll depend on your eagle eyes to visually inspect machines before each shift, make sure machines are well-maintained and operate machines in a safe and efficient manner. Because we know you have much more to bring to the table than just operating and maintaining equipment, you’ll maintain a daily production log, inspect the products you help create before they’re shipped to our customers and ensure the overall quality of those products. If you’re ready for mentally and physically stimulating work that rewards you with more than just a paycheck, we hope to see your resume in our inbox.
- Adjust machine parts as needed to ensure proper speed, pressure, temperature and amount of materials for quality production.
- Measure, weigh and examine all products before they’re packaged to see that they meet company and industry standards.
- Monitor and control machines on a daily basis to maintain daily and weekly production schedule.
- Complete quality checks and paperwork every day to maintain production and industry regulations and company standards.
- Make sure work environment remains safe, uncluttered, clean and well-maintained by performing maintenance and general janitorial duties throughout shift as time allows.
- Look over all work orders and instructions to see which ingredients, machines, parts and materials are needed to complete orders to full customer satisfaction.
- Engage in continuing education training and seminars to remain up-to-date on the latest industry techniques, machines, safety regulations and equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and maintain assigned machines and equipment as needed for maximum product quality and operational efficiency.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to lift at least 75 pounds
- At least a full year of work experience as a machine press operator
- Basic knowledge of repairing and maintaining manufacturing machines
- Good physical condition