Employers often consider an applicant’s curriculum vitae just as strongly as other parts of the application material. For this reason, writing a standout CV is important, and we make it manageable with a social worker CV example. Your CV should have various components, including work history, education, skills and a professional summary. We show you an example of each category so you will know how to write your own. When your CV is strong, you are more likely to get called in for an interview, as you’ll be showcasing yourself in the best possible way.
Tips for Writing Your Social Worker CV Example
Social Worker Overview
Social workers work with children and adults to help them overcome or manage challenges. They provide social services and offer assistance to augment the individual’s life both at home and at school. Some social workers arrange adoptions and help children find foster homes. Others help students manage teenage pregnancies, reduce truancies or change misbehavior. Oftentimes, a social worker will work with other family members, as well as teachers, to provide comprehensive assistance for the child. Social workers resolve conflicts, act as mediators and come up with solutions to help the client. They help the client develop appropriate goals and are able to make adjustments as necessary. Those in this field are entrusted with confidential information that they must only divulge when appropriate. When consulting our social worker CV example, be sure to include skills and experience that demonstrate your competence in this field.
Skills and Knowledge to Include in Your Social Worker CV
Social workers need to have a strong background in psychology and sociology to assess a client’s needs. They must listen attentively and have strong critical thinking skills to reach solutions. Social workers must have a combination of sensitivity and firmness; they must be able to connect with the client while also acting as an authority. To be an effective social worker, you will want to be well-versed in policies and procedures for your specialty. You need to work well with coworkers and supervisors to ensure the best service for your clients. Social workers are often extremely compassionate and have a natural desire to help others. Listing these qualities can show potential employers you possess the skills, knowledge and personal characteristics needed for the job. When reading through the social worker CV example, think of the unique character traits that make you a qualified applicant.
Tips for Writing an Excellent CV
In addition to the information in the social worker CV example, these tips can aid you in creating a quality CV:
- Use action verbs when listing your skills and job duties.
- While the Hobbies and Interests section is optional, completing this section can give the employer insight into who you are outside of work.
- Use a professional-sounding email address instead of something colloquial like skittles@anymail.
- Leave off your street address if you don’t want to provide this information and simply list the city and state instead.
- Proofread your document twice and avoid relying on spellcheck.
- List your job duties and skills in bullet points for ease of reading.
Social Worker CV
Social Worker Resume
Social Worker Cover Letter
- Administrative Coordinator Cover Letter
- Adoption Counselor Cover Letter
- Adoptions Social Worker Cover Letter
- Alcohol And Drug Addiction Counselor Cover Letter
- Behavior Specialist Cover Letter
- Care Worker Cover Letter
- Case Manager Cover Letter
- Case Worker Cover Letter
- Child Worker Cover Letter
- Child Life Specialist Cover Letter
- Community Coordinator Cover Letter
- Community Liaison Cover Letter
- Community Manager Cover Letter
- Community Organizer Cover Letter
- Community Service Officer Cover Letter
- Community Support Worker Cover Letter
- Community Worker Cover Letter
- Consular Officer Cover Letter
- Department Of Children And Families Social Worker Cover Letter
- Developmental Service Worker Cover Letter
- Disability Support Worker Cover Letter
- Domestic Violence Advocate Cover Letter
- Drug And Alcohol Counselor Cover Letter
- Drug Safety Associate Cover Letter
- Family Advocate Cover Letter
- Family Support Worker Cover Letter
- Fundraiser Coordinator Cover Letter
- Fundraising Manager Cover Letter
- Gender Specialist Cover Letter
- Hospital Social Worker Cover Letter
- Human Rights Officer Cover Letter
- Human Services Assistant Cover Letter
- Life Coach Cover Letter
- Mental Health Case Manager Cover Letter
- Mentor Cover Letter
- Ombudsman Cover Letter
- Outreach Coordinator Cover Letter
- Outreach Worker Cover Letter
- Probation Parole Officer Cover Letter
- Probation Officer Cover Letter
- Program Associate Cover Letter
- Program Coordinator Cover Letter
- Program Specialist Cover Letter
- Recreation Coordinator Cover Letter
- Recreation Therapist Cover Letter
- School Social Worker Cover Letter
- Worker Cover Letter
- Assistant Cover Letter