Teacher Resume Objective
As a teacher, it’s essential that you adequately convey you have the skills and dedication necessary to teach today’s youth. As you’re shaping up your resume, be sure you give your resume objective careful consideration. Without a carefully constructed resume objective, you and your resume may very well be quickly dismissed.
What the Teacher Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employees
No matter if you teach a single subject or several subjects, your resume objective should show that you’re more than capable of aiding students in grasping concepts, offering them useful feedback, measuring performance, and working with parents as well as your fellow teachers. Be sure to touch on your level of experience, education, specialty areas and ambitions in your resume objective. No matter how you decide to format your resume objective, make it unwaveringly clear you’re dedicated to being a teacher, enhancing the lives and minds of your students, and becoming a true asset to the school.
Sample Teacher Resume Objectives
It’s also a good idea to mention the institution to which you’re applying in your resume objective. Examples of resume objectives you can customize to match your experience level and area of teaching expertise include:
1. Seeking a student teaching experience at ABC High as an English Literature teacher to utilize my passion for storytelling while sharing that passion with young minds.
2. Fully certified elementary teacher with a master’s degree and three years of experience desires teaching position at ABC Elementary.
3. Looking to fill a history teaching position at ABC Middle School and help students learn the value of learning from and recognizing the importance of past events.
4. Prepare students and instruct them on the mechanics of language as an English teacher at ABC High with five years of experience and a master’s degree in professional writing.
5. A highly passionate and hard working math teacher with a focus on calculus and three years of experience teaching in a private school setting seeks a teaching position at ABC High School.
Skills To Put in a Teacher Resume Objective
As a teacher, you’re all about imparting life skills – but what about conveying them in your resume? Your objective statement, while a good place to flesh out your goals, is also a great place to capture employers’ attention by demonstrating what makes you a stellar employee.
You can accomplish this by detailing a strong selection of skills in your objective statement. Mix soft skills with hard skills to show you’re not just an excellent teacher, but a dedicated, reliable employee. Uncover your strengths via a detailed personal assessment, and work them into your resume. Find more useful skill phrases in target job postings. For best effect, mix these into your skills list as well; this can increase your match percentage in resume screening algorithms.
Take a few lessons from this sample list of resume objective skills for a teacher:
- K-12 math, sciences, and social sciences instruction
- Lesson planning and curriculum development
- Behavioral learning and management techniques
- In-class and online instruction
- Student discipline
- Parent-teacher relations to improve student outcomes
- Faculty-staff communications, partnership, and development
- After-school program management
- Community outreach and relationship management
- Student performance tracking
- Development of effective learning environments focused on student engagement and learning retention
- Standardized testing management and administration
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.