Retail Associate Resume Objectives
Retail Associates provide important customer service as they work directly with customers and patrons by greeting them, helping them find what they want or need, and ensuring they are satisfied with their purchase. When applying for a Retail Associate position, your resume objective should convey your qualifications, level of experience, and any special skills you have in order to garner attention from a potential employer.
What The Retail Associate Resume Objective Should Tell Potential Employers
Retail Associates are expected to perform a wide number of tasks every day, so your objective statement should emphasize that you are experienced, responsible, and fully capable of performing such a wide variety of duties. On any given day, a Retail Associate may be likely to help customers locate a particular item, manage other retail workers or cooperate with co-workers to make sure jobs are completed, clean and stock the store or restroom area, handle security risks or theft, complete sales of merchandise, and count money and maintain a balanced cash register.
Sample Retail Associate Resume Objectives
When writing your resume objective for a Retail Associate position, you should make sure to mention the name of your potential employer in order to convey your sincere interest in working for them. Here are a few examples of objectives that you can customize for your own resume:
1. Retail Associate with 5+ years of experience seeks position with ABC company in order to utilize experience, retail knowledge, and management skills.
2. Searching for a Retail Associate position with ABC company that values extensive retail experience, excellent customer service, and professional attitude.
3. Highly motivated individual seeks Retail Associate position with ABC company that will encourage the use of friendly customer service, leadership potential, and mathematic skills.
4. Professional and responsible Retail Associate with excellent background in sales and marketing seeks position with ABC company.
5. Looking to secure a Retail Associate position with ABC company that can benefit from extensive customer and personal service experience.
Skills To Put in a Retail Associate Resume Objective
To succeed in any job search, a retail associate must have a mixture of technical and people-based aptitudes. After all, retailers expect employees to be well-rounded enough to run point of sale systems and assist the public with their needs. Make sure you present these hard and soft skills in your resume objective statement and skills section, the places hiring managers expect to see them.
Review your professional and personal experience for traits relevant to advertised positions. Also, scan the job description for the specific qualifications required by the hiring manager. Refer to LinkedIn for some more strong examples of the proficiencies retail associates often include in their resumes.
Here are some examples of top skills for a retail associate:
- Exceptional customer service and care
- Professional interaction with customers, supervisors, and peers
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principles and methods
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated personality
- Proficiency in point of sale software systems, such as The General Store or TokenWorks Magnetic Card Reader
- Facility in database user interface and query software, such as gift registry software and Microsoft Access
- Proficiency in accounting software such as Intuit QuickBooks and Sage 50 Accounting
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and accounting principles and methods
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.