There are plenty of opportunities to land a Line Cook Resume Objectives job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Line Cook Resume Objectives resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Employers spend a few seconds looking at a resume before deciding to continue reading or set the document in the “no” pile. Your resume objective must shine in this short period, which means including some hard and soft skills. This means you let employers know what you are capable of without relying on them to read your entire resume.
Applying to be a line cook means demonstrating you have culinary knowledge and can work under pressure. Your mix of hard and soft skills should focus on your physical and mental ability to perform the job and any specialized knowledge you may have in particular culinary areas. Read the job description and include the most relevant skills you have.
A good line cook resume may include one or more of these skills in its resume objective:
- Able to multitask effectively
- Discerning palate with extensive knowledge of Asian spices
- Active listener
- Familiar with multiple prep stations
- Adaptable and organized
- Punctual with a flexible schedule
- Excellent manual dexterity
- High endurance for standing and walking
- Can maintain emotional control in tense situations
- Specialized skills in sushi and nigiri preparation
- Able to convert volumes and weights between Imperial and Metric
- Can take charge in difficult situations
Line Cook Resume Objective
Line cooks have a range of professional responsibilities, and therefore, they must have a multi-faceted skill set. When applying for a line cook position,your resume objective informs prospective employers about your experience and skills. If written appropriately, it functions as a sort of sales pitch, astatement that tells employers why you are right for the position.
What the Line Cook Resume Should Tell Prospective Employers
Being a line cook means being adept at both food preparation and customer service. These are the two most important skills to emphasize in your resumeobjective. Furthermore, you should also mention any prior professional experience you have had working as a line cook or similar occupation. Make employerssee that you are qualified to handle, prepare, and store various kinds of food. Other important skills to highlight include the ability to manage customerexpectations, handle food preparation equipment, and work in a fast-paced environment. If you have no experience working as a line cook, than it isvaluable to mention any customer service-related experience you have.
Sample Line Cook Resume Objectives
It is important to remember that strong resume objectives provide ample detail concerning your skills and experience while still remaining relativelyconcise. Also, as a rule of thumb, you should include a prospective employerâ€™s name in the objective to show your interest in working for the company.
- Seeking line cook position at ABC company to utilize 10+ years of experience preparing food, providing customer service, and supervising kitchen staff.
- Motivated individual seeks entry-level line cook position at ABC company to employ customer service experience and develop food preparation andproduction skills.
- Professional with background in food production pursues line cook position at ABC company that permits the utilization of food preparation andmanagement skills.
- Looking for line cook position at ABC company to apply experience handling food, operating heavy kitchen equipment, and managing customer expectations.
- Reliable and compliant works looks to employ food preparation and customer service skills at ABC company and advance professionally as a line cook.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.