Geriatric Nurse Resume Objective
When applying for a position as a Geriatric Nurse, it can be helpful to list an objective at the top of your resume. A Geriatric Nurse provides care to elderly patients in institutions like nursing homes and residential care facilities. The nurse can offer services related to nutrition, physical therapy, medications, and physical and emotional support.
What the Geriatric Nurse Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A Geriatric Nurse must be knowledgeable in his or her field and able to provide adequate care to patients. The nurse must be able to stand for long periods of time and address varied patient concerns. This job can be highly physical in nature and can sometimes be emotionally challenging, so the nurse should have a strong disposition and the ability to communicate with the patient in an ethical and comforting manner. A resume objective for this position can list specific skills related to services as well as personality traits that make you the ideal candidate.
Sample Geriatric Nurse Resume Objectives
The resume objective is a short statement that details your specific qualifications for the position. Objectives can be difficult to write at first, but once you get the hang of the unique wording, you’ll be able to make your resume look polished and tailored to the institution to which you’re applying. Here are some sample resume objectives that you can use as a springboard for creating your own:
1. Obtain position as Geriatric Nurse with ABC institution in order to provide comprehensive care to patients through expertise in physical therapy services.
2. Seeking position with ABC retirement home as Geriatric Nurse to offer services that assist patients in living healthy and active lives.
3. A compassionate and dedicated individual desiring Geriatric Nurse position with ABC nursing home to ensure that patients in all stages of life receive expert care.
4. Geriatric Nurse with 10+ years of experience in home care seeking position with ABC retirement home to offer varied services to patients in a professional setting.
5. A strong and resilient Geriatric Nurse looking for position with ABC nursing home to assist patients with daily needs involving physical manipulation.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.