There are plenty of opportunities to land a General Labor Resume Objectives job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a General Labor Resume Objectives resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Making every section of your resume work for you means finding a way to emphasize essential skills throughout. You will need to think selectively when planning your objective, as this short section should convince employers to keep reading. Your personal experience can serve as a source of information; think back to which skills you used most on the job.
However, because various employers may have differing needs, you should also do some research. The description for your position should include expected duties, as well as the employer’s preferences and requirements. Facts such as the nature and size of the company can also help you determine which qualifications belong in your objective. The following list can serve as inspiration and provide some useful phrases:
- Certified forklift operator
- Knowledgeable about relevant safety rules and procedures
- Able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds
- Experienced in building scaffolding to meet safety standards
- Proficient in basic electrical work
- Able to work at significant heights and utilize appropriate safety gear
- Experienced in setting up appropriate traffic and pedestrian routes around construction sites
- Quick to learn new skills
- Able to work effectively under varying weather conditions
- Detail-oriented in following instructions and carrying out tasks
- Flexible in providing support for varying specialty labor as needed
General Labor Resume Objectives
General laborers work in the industrial, manufacturing and construction industries. They perform many different kinds of tasks that often donâ€™t requiremuch education, but require the ability to learn new skills and duties in a fast paced environment. Emphasize your current skill set, abilities and anyspecial machinery and equipment certifications you have to convince employers to read through the rest of your resume.
What The General Labor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
General laborers work in many different areas of a production environment. Their duties often vary depending on the needs of the organization. Typicalgeneral laborer duties include cleaning, maintenance, loading, and unloading. Their duties may be carried out manually or with the use of machinery andspecial equipment, such as forklifts, welding machines, drills, power tools and pressure washers. A successful resume for this position should highlightyour dependability, skillset, certifications and any work environment experience you have that is relevant to the position you are applying for.
Sample General Labor Resume Objectives
When writing your general laborer objective, be sure to explain how your skills and experience make you the perfect candidate for the position. Include thename of the organization you are applying for to show the employer you are genuinely interested in becoming a part of their team. Here are some sampleresume objectives you can use to customize your resume.
1. A hardworking individual with proven expertise in the general labor sector seeking a position with ABC Company that provides ample opportunity forgrowth and advancement.
2. Motivated and highly skilled general laborer seeking to work in a production or manufacturing environment for ABC company.
3. Certified hi-lo driver with experience as a general laborer seeking gainful employment with ABC company that is in need of team members to work in afast-paced production environment.
4. Quick learner with several years as a general laborer seeking the opportunity to work and grow with ABC company that is in need of skilled labor.
5. Looking for production or manufacturing based employment with ABC company that will allow for the growth and development of manual labor and productionbased skills.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.