Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Objective
Typically working independently or for multiple employers, a freelance graphic designer creates images for a variety of commercial needs. Designs may include company logos, promotional graphics, as well as artwork utilized on displays or product packaging. The position requires confident artistic knowledge and ability as well as good communication skills, which are required for working with clients to determine their needs. A well-written objective statement will highlight these abilities to illustrate your qualifications to employers.
What The Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
In a creative position, confidence and experience are typically considered to be quite valuable. Discuss your work background in terms of the types of projects you have completed as well as the clients you’ve worked with in the past. With less professional experience, you might consider citing your training and education as well as any non-commercial projects you’ve been involved with artistically. Discuss your knowledge of industry trends and software packages. Be sure also to highlight crucial skills to the job such as ability to work independently, to manage one’s time effectively, and to work with clients to ensure satisfaction.
Sample Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Objectives
Your objective statement is a great opportunity to emphasize your skills and talents, but qualifications for a job extend beyond those capabilities. Many hiring managers are interested in seeing genuine interest in their business from applicants so be sure to reference the company’s name as part of your statement.
1. Creative individual seeks graphic designer opportunity with ABC Company to deliver eye-catching, memorable artwork that will exceed clients’ expectations.
2. Experienced freelance graphic designer seeks position at ABC Company that will benefit from extensive knowledge of industry-standard software and current trends in commercial artwork.
3. Freelance artist seeks graphic design position with ABC Company to create engaging, impactful artwork that will meet the needs of clients while adhering closely to schedules and deadlines.
4. Independent graphic artist seeks employment opportunity at ABC Company to utilize comprehensive knowledge of trends and industry software, friendly disposition, and excellent time management skills.
5. Cutting-edge graphic artist seeking opportunity with ABC Company to flourish and add to a budding portfolio of high-quality artwork including corporate logos, promotional images, and other assorted digital media.
Skills To Put in a Freelance Graphic Designer Resume Objective
Although you wouldn’t normally use a resume to get freelance work, there are times when you may need to submit one as a freelance graphic designer. For example, if you’re trying to land a contract with a government agency or large corporation, the hiring managers may ask you for a resume. One sure way to get the attention of the committee is to incorporate your top skills and qualifications into your resume’s objective statement section.
Check the call for proposals for mention of specific skills, desirable traits, and educational requirements before you decide which of your qualifications to emphasize. Add a mix of strengths that are evident in your portfolio as well as soft skills such as teamwork, time management, and strong communication skills.
If you do decide to write a freelance graphic designer resume, here are some skills you may consider adding to your objective statement:
- Experience creating product packaging
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Well-organized with good time management
- Consistent adherence to deadlines
- Skilled at working in a Mac environment
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Able to work efficiently either solo or as part of a team
- Experience with complete branding packages, including marketing materials, swag, and logo design
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.