Entry Level Bank Teller Resume Objective
Entry level bank tellers conduct financial transactions while recommending bank products, ensuring customer satisfaction and working to minimize losses. This position requires specialized skills and a high level of professionalism, which is why creating a strong objective statement is important. Your objective, which can highlight your personal traits and talents, may be the only part of your resume that employers review, so make sure that it adequately shows your ability to perform the job.
What the Entry Level Bank Teller Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Entry level bank tellers conduct deposits and withdrawals, count and balance currency, order cash and file documents. These duties require attention to detail, mathematical skills and competence with specialized software. Tellers also promote bank products and services, address low-level customer complaints and provide information to help customers make decisions. These tasks make sales and communication skills necessary. Your objective should highlight your ability to fulfill essential job duties while interacting positively with customers.
Sample Entry Level Bank Teller Resume Objectives
It is important for your objective statement to incorporate the name of the bank that you wish to work for. Demonstrating your genuine interest in the position and employer is a reliable way to make yourself seem like a more appealing job candidate. Here are a few example objectives that you can customize to reflect your own skills and interests:
1. Professional with experience making sales and handling cash seeks employment as an entry level bank teller at ABC bank.
2. Looking for an entry level bank teller position in which exceptional customer service skills can be utilized to assist clients of ABC bank.
3. Self-motivated individual seeks an entry level bank teller position at ABC bank that demands persuasive sales skills.
4. Looking to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty at ABC Bank as an entry level bank teller.
5. Seeking employment at ABC bank as an entry level bank teller specializing in providing friendly, professional service in a fast-paced setting.
Skills To Put in an Entry-Level Bank Teller Resume Objective
Most hiring managers take only seconds to scan resumes for the skills and qualities they seek in a candidate. To catch their eye and command their attention, provide a mixture of hard and soft skills in your resume objective statement and in your skills section.
As you craft your resume for a job as an entry-level bank teller, you want to make sure you include the skills that show you can work efficiently with the public in a professional environment. Refer to the job description to understand which skills are most critical to include. Here are some of the top skills you should include in your entry-level bank teller resume objective:
- Exceptional customer and personal service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of accounting practices and methods
- Good 10-key proficiency
- Proficiency in accounting software, such as Sage 50 Accounting and Southern Data Systems TellerPro
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Familiarity with bank products and services
- Knowledge of banking computer systems and various software programs
- Proficiency in enterprise resource planning software, such as Jack Henry & Associates Vertex
- Typing speed of 45 words per minute or more
- Ability to work independently and a self-starter, if necessary
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.