Construction Labor Resume Objective
Those working in construction labor are responsible for completing preparation work and cleaning on construction sites and providing assistance to carpenters, engineers, electricians and other workers on the job site. When applying for a labor position, it is important to customize your resume objective to demonstrate how you will fit the needs of the company and to show employers your skills and experience. The objective should state these things in a clear manner to make you stand out among the rest.
What the Construction Labor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Construction Laborers provide their assistance to other workers in all parts of a job site and keep work running smoothly. Typical responsibilities include cleaning up construction waste, removing debris and trees from sites, mixing concrete, road work, operating certain types of equipment, surveying, installing hardware, providing assistance to construction managers and working with cement or plaster. A good laborer will have a broad knowledge of how a construction site operates as well as the necessary physical skills to enable them to lift heavy loads and perform physical labor. Incorporating your specific labor skills into your objective statement will give employers a clear picture of your abilities.
Sample Construction Labor Objectives
An excellent way to stand out to potential employers is to include their company name in your objective statement. This will show your dedication and interest in working for them. Here are some example resume objectives:
1. Seeking a Construction Labor position with (company name) that will utilize exceptional physical labor and equipment operation skills to assist all trades on the job site.
2. Strong, careful and dedicated individual with five years of experience seeking a Construction Labor position with (company name).
3. Obtain a Construction Labor position with (company name) that will allow for the use of outstanding physical labor skills on a construction site to assist other workers and keep the job running smoothly.
4. Looking for employment in Construction Labor as an individual who will provide appropriate assistance on the job site with (company name).
5. Hard-working, dedicated individual looking to secure a Construction Labor Position with (company name) that will utilize labor skills including waste and debris removal, hardware installation and concrete mixing and pouring.
Skills To Put in a Construction Labor Resume Objective
Today the construction industry is as fast paced as others, and this means hiring managers spend very little time on applications. As you prepare to turn in a construction labor resume, it’s vital to put your best information at the top of your document. Use your objective to present a mix of hard and soft skills that convince managers to continue looking at your resume.
One of the best ways to identify the most convincing skills is to study the job description. Pick job requirements that match your abilities and use those examples to continue considering other competencies to include. Remember to include technical abilities and to include soft skills, such as your ability to work with a team.
Here are some examples of the top hard and soft skills to include in a construction labor objective statement:
- Expertise in using construction materials, including brick, concrete, wood, and metals
- Skilled at carpentry and finishing work
- Experienced in residential and commercial construction
- Skilled at using power tools safely for accurate, high-quality results
- Experienced in operating construction machinery
- Adept at reading blueprints and understanding scale and specifications
- Familiar with OSHA safety procedures, including knowledge of ladder and scaffolding safety
- Clean safety record, maintaining a safe worksite
- Excellent teamwork skills, including management experience
- Experienced in demolition and removal and disposal of old materials
- Superior problem solver
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.