There are plenty of opportunities to land a Account Manager Resume Objectives job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Account Manager Resume Objectives resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Account manager applicants frequently use the objective section to emphasize the hard and soft skills they have successfully applied throughout their careers. Placed near the top of the resume, many hiring managers scan this section first to quickly judge whether the candidate has the skills and experience needed to be a good fit for the job.
Critically evaluate how you have applied your skills in past jobs, and make sure to include the ones that best apply to the position you want to obtain. Provide a well-rounded view of how you can be valuable to the organization. Tailor the topics to the specific job by using terms from the job description. Many account managers include these skills on their resumes:
- Effectively uses data and business intelligence resources to drive sales
- Finds creative ways to solve problems and exceed customer expectations
- Successfully manages client accounts through onboarding, upselling, and partnership projects
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications, Google Docs, and Salesforce.com
- Understands working on Software-as-a-Service, or SaaS, platforms
- Strong analytical and financial skills, including forecasting and budgeting
- Enjoys collaborating on multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excels at juggling tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Track record of exceeding individual and team sales goals
- Experience with account portfolio planning and prioritization
Account Manager Resume Objective
As the name suggests, account managers manage the accounts of various individuals, which requires a diverse range of skills. A resume objective must bespecifically crafted to highlight these various skills in a clear and concise manner. The objective helps to create the employerâ€™s first impression of youso it is important that you make it a good one.
What The Account Manager Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Account managers must be able to manage several different tasks at once. Some of those things include developing and maintaining client relationshipsthrough effective communication, providing quality customer service, analyzing data and forecasting, problem solving and more. A proper objective willhighlight your skills and characteristics that prove that you are capable of fulfilling these duties better than other candidates. At the same time youalso want to make it clear that you are truly interested in working with the company that you are applying to and not just looking for any account managerposition.
Sample Account Manager Resume Objectives
The best way to encompass the most important skills in one objective sentence is to focus on the characteristics, training and knowledge that will stickout to the employer that you are applying to. Below are a few examples that you can customize for your needs.
1. Self-motivated management professional seeking to apply strong relational skills and conflict resolution abilities in an account management positionwith a reputable company.
2. Experienced account manager with over X years in the industry seeks opportunity to apply extensive knowledge and skills in a progressive accountmanagement position with ABC Company.
3. Hard-working business administration graduate with management experience and strong problem solving capabilities looking to obtain an entry-levelposition with a respectable company such as ABC Company.
4. Exceptional client relations specialist seeking an opportunity to utilize strong communication, organization, management and problem solving skills inan account management position with a thriving company.
5. Leading customer service professional with strong management, analytical and problem solving skills desires the opportunity to transition into anaccount manager position with the prestigious ABC Company.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.