There are plenty of opportunities to land a Academic Advisor Resume Objectives job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Academic Advisor Resume Objectives resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Academic Advisor Resume Objective
An Academic Advisor works with students to help ensure that they are on the right track for success. Academic Advisors carry a great deal of responsibilityand therefore are carefully selected by employers and hiring committees. When applying for a position as an Academic Advisor, listing an objective can showemployers what makes you the best candidate, and why you are interested in this particular field.
What the Academic Advisor Resume Objective Should Tell Potential Employers
Because Academic Advisors work closely with students, youâ€™ll want to express your interest in education in your objective. Other responsibilities includecommunication skills, computer skills, multi-tasking and the ability to work well under minimal supervision. Academic Advisors help students pick theirmajors, choose the right classes and set themselves up for success. Sometimes advisors work with difficult students or those who need additionalassistance. Therefore, making reference to your personality can also be beneficial for this type of resume objective. No matter what you write, youâ€™ll alsowant to use this space to showcase your writing abilities, as youâ€™ll be working in an educational setting.
Sample Academic Advisor Resume Objectives
When written well, an objective has the potential to elevate your resume above the competition. While only a single sentence, the objective shows yourcommitment to your field. Since objectives are so short, every word must have a specific purpose in order to make the sentence flow well. Below are somesample objectives for academic advisors that you can use as a springboard for your own:
1. Academic Advisor with 10+ years of experience seeks position with ABC college in order to work with students from underrepresented demographics.
2. Education-oriented individual seeking Academic Advisor position at ABC university to offer unbiased and individual support to the student body.
3. Looking to secure a position with ABC college as an Academic Advisor to assist students transitioning to 4-year institutions.
4. Bilingual Academic Advisor searching for position at ABC college to serve native and non-native English speakers.
5. Educational professional experienced in working with non-traditional and special needs students seeking position as Academic Advisor at ABC college.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.