Looking for a job as a chemist? Experiment with a new resume! Prominently display your education on your resume ““ chemists need at least a bachelor’s degree, and many jobs require a master’s or a Ph.D. Also, outline your work experience, highlighting the details of past research projects and your experience writing technical reports. If you have ever received a grant for your research, share this information. Emphasizing soft skills, like great presentation skills, could also be a plus. Make your resume the catalyst for a new job by using our chemist resume example as a guide.
If you’re a chemist, the resume examples below will make it easy to create your own well-written resume. Our resume samples cover everything from performing chemical analysis to running tests in the science lab. Use these free resume examples to create your own resume, and improve your chances of landing the job.
Select a resume template and customize
Resume Tips for Chemist
If you’re looking for jobs as a chemist, you’ll want to put to use a certain set of job seeking skills. The tips below can help keep you on track.
1. Stay positive. You may feel discouraged for finding yourself temporarily out of work, but remember that finding your new job will only be a matter of time. You might consider joining a support group to connect with others in the same situation.
2. Stay on track. One of the best ways to maximize your productivity is to set goals that can be accomplished on a daily or weekly basis. For instance, you could try to send out a certain number of resumes per week.
3. Keep an open mind. While you may have set your sights on a particular field or industry, keeping your mind open to several options will allow more opportunities to come your way.
4. Use your network. Reach out to personal or professional contacts that could offer insight into the job market. Any advice will be valuable and you never know where your next lead could come from.
5. Make use of social media. Use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to expand your network and help potential employers find your professional profile.
Chemist Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to finding jobs as a chemist, remember that your resume will be your calling card. Keep your resume in top shape with the following tips.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. Unless you are an academic or doctor using curricula vitae (CVs), there is no need to write more than two pages. Keep your resume writing relevant and concise.
2. Do align the text flush left and use bullet points for listing items. These formatting tips will immediately improve the clarity and organization of your writing.
3. Don’t use generic language. Avoid the overly used phrases, such as “hard working” and “team player. ” These expressions will detract from the authenticity of your writing.
4. Do introduce your work history section with a “Summary of Skills. ” This provides the reader with an overview of your professional qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following recommended order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.