You work in a competitive field, so it’s especially important to craft a standout resume. Begin your new resume with a summary statement that provides insight into your hard skills and soft skills, such as a great bedside manner. If you’re experienced, also include the number of years you’ve worked as an intensive care nurse. Don’t focus just on your duties in your work history section; rather, list your accomplishments in each position. These will provide context for your readers. Begin each line with a strong action verb, such as educated, monitored, and supported. For more guidance, read the intensive care registered nurse resume example.
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse Advice
An intensive care unit registered nurse plays a critical role in caring for and monitoring patients, often in potentially life-threatening situations. To get a job as an intensive care unit registered nurse, you’ll need to have your nursing license and plenty of specialized training. A comprehensive resume is also essential. These resume examples are designed to help you create a stand-out resume. Just click on any of the resume examples below and start customizing your resume today.
Resume Tips for Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse
Finding jobs as a intensive care unit registered nurse means a combination of a certain set of job seeking skills and the right mindset. Follow the tips below to stay on track during your job hunt.
1. Stay positive. Keeping a positive mindset can help alleviate stress and remind you that your unemployment is only temporary. You might consider joining a support group to connect with other individuals in your situation.
2. Keep an open mind. While you may have had your sights set on a particular industry, keeping an open mind means that more opportunities will come your way.
3. Do some research. Conducting preliminary research can tell you whether or not you would be a good fit for a company. Doing this before the interview can also help impress your potential employer.
4. Connect with your network. Be sure to reach out to professional and personal contacts that could help offer insight into a particular field of interest. Any advice on the job market will be of great value to you.
5. Make use of social media. Use websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to help expand your network and allow potential employers to reach your professional profile.
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse Job Seeking Tips
Remember that when it comes to finding jobs as a intensive care unit registered nurse, your resume is your calling card. Keep your resume in top shape and make sure it stands apart from the others by following the tips below.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. With the exception of academics and doctors who may be using curricula vitae (CVs), there is no need to write more than two pages. Keep your resume writing relevant and concise.
2. Do use bullet points and align the text flush left. These simple formatting tricks will increase the readability of your writing.
3. Don’t rely on generic language. Phrases such as hard working and detail oriented seem empty and should be avoided in your professional writing.
4. Do use a Summary of Skills section to introduce your work history. This gives the reader an at-a-glance view of your qualifications.
5. Do write your work history in the following recommended order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.
No Experience Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse Resume
Want to use this resume?
Administrative Assistant No Experience Resume Tips
When applying for a job like Administrative Assistant, and you have no directly related experience, you have to get creative. You’ll want to focus on and highlight transferable skills in your resume that show you are capable of performing the duties of the position for which you’re applying. This task can be accomplished with some out-of-the-box thinking and by following the above Office Assistant no experience resume sample.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Summary: Skilled Certified Substance Abuse Counselor with over 25 years of experience in Addictions and Human Services. Extensiv...
Experience: 12 yrs 3 mo