Are you a skilled warehouse professional adept at handling shipments and loading trucks? Then your skills can be well utilized in the military, government, and also the private sector, but regardless of which sector you work in, you’ll need a strong resume to land the right job. Your order picker resume should highlight your ability to pick orders with accuracy and efficiency, and it should also indicate your flexibility to work demanding shifts. A forklift operator license will be to your advantage. Have a look at our order picker resume example for guidelines on how to outline your past experience as an order picker.
Order Picker Advice
An order picker is a skilled warehouse worked responsible for moving and distributing goods and equipment for the military, government, or private business. You need the ability to lift heavy objects, attention to detail, and a resume that highlights your experience. That’s why we’ve created the resume examples below. These resume examples are a useful tool in building your own order picker resume. Just click on any of the examples below to get started.
Select a resume template and customize
Resume Tips for Order Picker
Finding a job as a order picker requires tenacity, organization and a full job-seeking and interviewing skill set. There are plenty of opportunities, but consider these tips to ensure you rise above the competition and sell your best self.
1. Make sure your skill set is current. Whether in the fields of technology, health or other areas it is important to have the latest training to be competitive in your field. Take classes online or in person.
2. Set daily and weekly goals in your job search. Keeping track of your applications and resumes you have sent out, and achieving the personal goals you have set for yourself will maintain the momentum in your job search.
3. Spread the parameters of your job search. Job fairs are an often overlooked avenue for opportunities. From major corporations to smaller companies, job fairs are great options for the next step in your career.
4. Network, network, network. From online to friends and neighbors, making people aware that you are looking for a job is an important part of the process.
5. Be flexible. Your skill set could cross over into new industries you may have not previously considered.
Order Picker Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to landing jobs as a order picker, your resume must be professional, focused and serve as vehicle to best showcase your talents. These tips can help fine tune your resume and begin the next step in your career.
1. You can focus your resume by adding a keyword section that corresponds to the type of work you desire.
2. Make sure your email is professional in your contact section. It should be basic and not have words or combinations of characters that could offend a hiring manager.
3. Another way to focus your resume is to include a summary. A succinct, short paragraph or bullet point that explains who you are and what you can contribute to the company.
4. If you have no paid experience, be detailed about internships, campus organization involvement or other ways you can portray your skill set. Format them as accomplishments, not duties, to project initiative and leadership potential.
5. Edit your resume to the best of your ability and then seek help if you are unsure. Errors, misspellings and other typos can put off a hiring manager right away. Don’t rely on spellcheck.
No Experience Order Picker Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Order Picker job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Order Picker resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.