As a laborer in the construction industry, hiring managers may not ask you for a resume before being hired by those who have worked with you or have seen you on the job. But if you’re applying for a position with an employer who you haven’t met, you’ll need a strong resume that highlights your training, experience, core competencies, and your most marketable skill sets. Use this construction labor resume example as a model while you draft and edit your own document. Divide your resume into subsections as indicated, then create a summary that highlights the central aspects of your profile and helps you stand out.
Construction Labor Advice
Construction labor jobs are plentiful, and skilled laborers are in demand. But you’ll need a resume, and the resume examples below can help you to create one. Just click on any of the resume examples below, and use them to create a resume to fit your situation. Choose from multiple templates and designs, and give yourself the best chance of getting a construction labor job faster.
Select a resume template and customize
Resume Tips for Construction Labor
FindingÃ‚Â jobs as a construction laborÃ‚Â takes a combination of utilizing job-seeking advice and maintaining a positive outlook. The following tips can help you land your next position in the current job market.
1. Keep in touch with your closest, most trusted friends and family for support. Share your concerns with them about your job search. Keep up your good health, eat right, sleep well and continue participating in your favorite activities.
2. Be proactive. Besides searching on job boards and websites and posting updates on social media, interact with people both online and in person. For example, post comments and replies on forums and discussions.
3. If you need clarification on your career goals, take assessment tests to help uncover your career interests, values and skills. Do some research on your possible career options at your local library and conduct informational interviews to learn more about possible companies and jobs as a construction labor.
4. Networking is critical. Contact your friends, family, neighbors, former colleagues and school classmates. Inform contacts on social media websites such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook that you are looking for a job and ask for leads.
5. Seek out resources to provide support and advice, such as your local library or a job search support group. It’s a great way to meet new people and could help open doors to new possibilities.
Construction Labor Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to hunting jobs as a construction labor, your resume must be polished and present you at your best. Read the following advice to help make it attention-getting.
1. Use bullet points to describe each position you’ve held. Stay within five to eight bullet points for each job. Use phrases and avoid using full sentences and paragraphs, which makes reading more difficult for recruiters and hiring managers.
2. Include a strong summary statement that showcases an overview of your experience, your strongest skill sets, and your personality traits. This statement should be between four to six sentences long.
3. Keep your resume concise. One-page resumes are preferred, though two-page resumes are acceptable if you have several years of work experience. Avoiding exceeding two pages for your resume.
4. You do not have to list all your work experience on your resume when applying for jobs as a construction labor. Any positions that are more than 15 years old can be mentioned, but you can limit it to only your job title, employer name, and location.
5. If you have received awards or achieved outstanding success, mention these in a Highlights or Awards/Accomplishments section. Include quantifiable metrics, which will help you stand out. Three bullet points are an ideal number to list in this section.
No Experience Construction Labor Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Construction Labor job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Construction Labor resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.