Tour Guide Resume Objectives
A Tour Guide’s job is to show people places and areas that they are not familiar with and give them information and facts about the place they are visiting. When writing your resume, be sure to include an objective statement that will give employers a good idea of your skills, experience and career goals. This statement is an important part of your resume because employers will usually read it first. It can be utilized to leave them with a good impression of you.
What the Tour Guide Resume Objective Should Tell Potential Employers
A Tour Guide is the person who will show you around a city, building, site, attraction or just about anywhere else where people want to know more and need someone to guide them. Their job is to provide information to people, many of which are usually first-time visitors. Tour Guides must be very knowledgeable of their specific tour so they can be accurate and answer any questions that come their way. These professionals can also provide directions and must be friendly towards people, as they will be the face and leader of the group.
Sample Tour Guide Resume Objectives
In your objective, state your skills and experience. Mention a company name as well to show your enthusiasm. Here are some example resume objective statements for Tour Guides:
1. Looking to secure a Tour Guide position with (company name) that will allow a knowledgeable individual to display exceptional communication and people skills.
2. Friendly, enthusiastic individual with five years of experience with touring seeking a Tour Guide position with (company name).
3. Searching for a Tour Guide position with (company name) that enables the use of excellent people and communication skills.
4. Individual with 10+ years of experience as a Tour Guide and has exceptional people and communication skills seeking a position with (company name) that will provide a positive, friendly attitude.
5. Searching for an entry level Tour Guide position with (company name) that will allow a friendly individual with excellent people skills to benefit the organization.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
My love of history and working on and living on boats brought me to this awesome town and now I want to focus more on my love of history. In pursuing my History / Anthropology degree, I have had histo...
Experience: 11 yrs 8 mo
Friendly and engaging Tour Guide with a successful career leading tours. Known for commitment to ensuring exceptional guest experiences and safety. Adept at leading groups of up to 6 - 8. Creative hos...
Experience: 9 yrs 2 mo
Enthusiastic tour guide with passion for cultivating unforgettable travel experiences. Excellent historical knowledge with excellent organizational and public speaking skills. Skilled storyteller favo...
Experience: 9 yrs 5 mo
I am hardworking and reliable. As the oldest of 6 children, I know when to have fun and when to be stern. I am an optimist and people person. I love meeting new people and helping them to feel confide...
Experience: 3 yrs 9 mo
Enthusiastic tour guide with passion for cultivating unforgettable travel experiences. Excellent historical knowledge and open to update information every day, with excellent organizational and public...
Experience: 18 yrs 9 mo