Those applying for positions as physical education teachers can benefit from listing an objective near the top of their resume. The objective helps show the school what qualities they would bring to the job and why they want that particular position. Physical education teachers work with students ranging from middle school through college to promote healthy and active lifestyles.
What the Physical Education Teacher Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Physical Education Teachers are in charge of organizing physical activities for PE classes, and they often coach various after-school sports teams. An objective for this type of position should demonstrate your ability to work well with students, your ability to take charge, and your knowledge of various physical activities. PE teachers generally work with multiple classes a day, all with students of varying interests and abilities. The teacher must be able to demonstrate different activities to students, and a good PE teacher will also instill a love of fitness in his or her students. When creating a resume objective for this position, you’ll want to highlight some of these qualities.
Sample Physical Education Teacher Resume Objectives
It can be difficult to get the hang of resume objectives because you have such a small space to convey your message. Good objectives will leave out first-person statements like “I” and “me” to make it sound more professional. Below are some sample resume objectives that you can use as a springboard for creating your own:
1. Physical Education Teacher with 10+ years of experience seeking position with ABC school in order to share love of exercise with middle school students.
2. Seeking Physical Education Teacher position with ABC school to impart importance of physical activity to high school students.
3. An outgoing and enthusiastic individual looking for position with ABC school as Physical Education Teacher.
4. Use knowledge of various sports as well as expert tennis knowledge to obtain position as Physical Education Teacher with ABC school.
5. Former collegiate volleyball player desiring position as Physical Education Teacher and volleyball coach with ABC school.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Energetic and innovative Physical Educator bringing a 12-year career instructing students from multiple backgrounds with a focus on building relationships in a welcoming and diverse classroom that sup...
11 yrs 9 mo
Hardworking Physical Education Teacher highly effective at motivating students to achieve full potential. Brings 14 years of experience as Educator . Excellent physical condition and desire to help ot...
15 yrs 6 mo
Innovative Health and Physical Educator bringing over 5-years background instructing students. Expertise in classroom oversight, course planning and behavior management. Successful at collaborating wi...
15 yrs 4 mo
Resourceful Physical Education Teacher with talent for motivating other to success. [Number]-year background in coaching individuals and groups. Physically fit professional seeking to help students. T...
35 yrs 8 mo