A peer tutor is responsible for providing supplementary instruction and assistance to students or small groups at an education institution. In order to be considered for this position, applicants are generally expected to have completed a particular course with a certain grade or higher in order to qualify to provide effective learning assistance to peers. Specific duties typically include setting appointments and meeting with peers to provide instruction, tracking and evaluating student progress, and working with instructors to develop lesson plans. An impactful objective statement is needed to display your knowledge, expertise, and other relevant job qualifications.
What The Peer Tutor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
As academic accomplishments are part of the consideration for employment, it’s a good idea to detail your grades in the subjects you wish to instruct as well as your overall GPA. Highlighting relatable achievements or recognition can be beneficial as well. Tutors should possess certain qualities to be successful; consider discussing your communication skills, attention to detail, patience, and time management ability. Other qualities which can be helpful to mention include abilities to inspire, motivate, and to express a professional demeanor.
Sample Peer Tutor Resume Objectives
In addition to chronicling your academic background, use your objective statement to convey genuine interest in attaining the position you’re applying for. Reference the specific subject you wish to tutor in and highlight your qualifications as they relate to that area of study.
1. Seeking to obtain peer tutor position in ABC Subject to benefit fellow students with comprehensive knowledge and commitment to promoting success.
2. Desire to obtain peer tutor role in ABC Subject to utilize strong understanding of subject matter and previous experience tutoring peers over three separate semesters.
3. Outgoing peer tutor seeks to assist students in ABC Subject by delivering focused attention and executing effective lesson plans.
4. Detail-oriented individual seeking role as peer tutor in ABC Subject to share knowledge and passion for studies in the field with high marks and comprehensive understanding of material.
5. Seeking peer tutor position in ABC Subject which will benefit from strong skills as a communicator, demonstrated ability to lead groups, and focus on helping peers achieve the results they desire.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Peer Tutor Manager & Professional Tutor @ Lasell University
Sharp professional offers positive, supportive assistance to students in English, writing, and time management & organization. Engaging, upbeat personality coupled with patience and perseverance. Inte...
Peer Tutor @ Tusculum University
Experienced Tutor confident in helping English students excel. Background includes one-on-one and group support, assessment administration and personalized assistance. Sociable Waiter skilled at opera...
4 yrs 5 mo
Peer Tutor @ Taft Charter High School
Hardworking and reliable student in high school with the strong ability in working with others and children. Highly organized, proactive and punctual with a team-oriented mentality. Outgoing and frien...
3 yrs 3 mo
Academic Peer Tutor @ Rutland Senior Secondary
Caring and attentive students with solid background in tutoring on diverse areas. Experienced in both one-on-one and online tutoring. Systematic, meticulous and devoted to helping others. Experienced ...
Peer Content Tutor @ OHSU School Of Nursing
Highly driven and dedicated jobseeker. Skilled in working under pressure and adapting to new situations and challenges to best enhance the organizational brand. Organized and dependable candidate succ...
7 yrs 1 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.