The job of a garment merchandiser generally revolves around addressing visual and presentational needs in a retail apparel store. Duties may include setting up and maintaining displays, dressing mannequins, maintaining promotional signage, and fulfilling basic sales and customer service responsibilities. While formal education isn’t generally required for this type of role, background in fashion or apparel sales is typically considered beneficial. Your resume objective should be well-written to convey your relevant skills, experience, and industry-specific knowledge.
What The Garment Merchandise Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
If you have any previous work experience in retail sales or apparel, it’s a good idea to include this information as part of your statement. Also discuss any particular education or training you have received which might relate to sales of clothing, accessories, or footwear. Merchandisers should embody several general qualities to be successful, so consider discussing relevant traits such as good communication skills, attention to detail, and a desire to work within the fashion industry. Developed customer service skills can also be beneficial, as can experience in cash handling, store maintenance, and other generalized retail job duties.
Sample Garment Merchandiser Resume Objectives
Craft your objective statement to highlight your best qualities and relevant job skills but also take the opportunity to illustrate a genuine interest in the employer. Using the company’s name is a good way to show commitment and gain the attention of hiring managers.
1. Obtain garment merchandiser position with ABC Store that will benefit from good communication skills, knowledge of juniors’ styles and sizes, and helpful attitude.
2. Seeking garment merchandiser position at ABC Store to apply good knowledge of youth fashion trends and fluency in English and Spanish languages.
3. Experienced garment merchandiser seeks employment opportunity with ABC Store to utilize developed talents for building visual displays, executing marketing plans, and assisting customers to meet store sales goals.
4. Retail clerk seeks garment merchandiser position at ABC Store which will benefit from customer-first attitude, good attention to detail, cash handling experience, and reliable work ethic.
5. Ambitious individual seeks garment merchandiser position at ABC Store to create impactful displays, deliver outstanding customer service, and to strive for excellence in store presentation every day.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Writer,+writer +resume @ Lezli Freeman
Meticulous Writer offering exemplary skills in curating creative content. Pursuing position writing for growth-oriented organization. Effective at using various writing styles to complete writing assi...
13 yrs 4 mo
Professional Resume Writer/Certified Career Coach @ Pro Resume Coach, LLC
Experienced H.R. Generalist, Recruiter, Social Media Marketer, and Sales professional well versed in employment law, payroll, benefits, employee coaching, and team building. Proven successful track re...
20 yrs 5 mo
Sales Professional,+sales +professional +resume @ Badger Meter, Inc.
Highly motivated Sales Manager with extensive customer service and sales experience. Outgoing sales professional with track record of driving increased sales, improving buying experience and elevating...
30 yrs 3 mo
Restaurant Manager,+restaurant +manager +resume @ Brick And Spoon
Restaurant Manager with experience leading multi-million dollar restaurants as well as banquet and catering operations at award-winning restaurants around country. Driven to raise standards for fine d...
7 yrs 10 mo
Executive,+Executive +resume +sample @ NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Successful Executive with over [Number] years of demonstrated ability in delivering mission-critical results. Offering outstanding communication and cross-cultural team management skills. Entrepreneur...
39 yrs 11 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.