A correctional nurse is charged with providing treatment to persons who are being held in correctional institutions including prisons, juvenile facilities, and half-way houses. Employers typically require a registered nursing license for employment and may also request Certified Correctional Health Professional certification. Workers in this position perform many standard nursing duties such as diagnosing injuries and illnesses, providing treatment, and monitoring medical supplies. A well-crafted objective is needed to detail your education and professional experience as well as the general traits which suit you to this type of work.
What The Correctional Nurse Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
It’s always a good idea to highlight your training and advanced education as well as any previous work performed in medical environments. Correctional nurses serve in a unique setting which requires additional sensitivity and considerations for dealing with inmates. Resources may often be more limited versus traditional healthcare environments, so consider discussing your resourcefulness, adaptability, and critical thinking skills. Accuracy and attention to detail is necessary for maintaining medical records and hiring managers may also value traits such as exhibiting a calm demeanor in the workplace.
Sample Correctional Nurse Resume Objectives
Your objective statement is a forum to highlight your applicable skills and experience but it’s also a great opportunity to display commitment to the organization you’re applying to. Reference the company by name to show a genuine level of interest in your prospective employer for best results.
1. Registered nurse seeks position at ABC Institution to deliver quality care with compassion, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to work effectively in any type of environment.
2. Experienced nurse seeks employment with ABC Institution to utilize bachelor’s degree in nursing plus voluntary CCHP certification.
3. Compassionate correctional nurse seeks opportunity at ABC Institution to provide proper health services for inmates to promote wellness within the population and control operating costs for the organization.
4. Seeking correctional nurse role with ABC Institution to utilize bachelor’s degree in nursing, CCHP certification, and a desire to promote healthy living for detainees.
5. Experienced correctional nurse seeking employment with ABC Institution to apply over six years of work performed in prison environments with sharp attention to detail, good problem-solving skills, and superior resourcefulness.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Registered Nurse II, Correctional Health @ DHS / Correctional Health
Compassionate and hardworking Registered Nurse with more than 20 years bedside care experience, seeking professional growth and advancement in correctional health environment. Works well with diverse ...
17 yrs 6 mo
Correctional Licensed Vocational Nurse @ Wellpath
Experienced LVN with over 10 years of experience in nursing. Excellent reputation for resolving problems and improving customer satisfaction....
10 yrs 3 mo
Correctional Registered Nurse @ Legacy Personnel Inc
Dedicated bilingual Registered Nurse with a strong work ethic and attributes of integrity, respect, caring, analytical, reliable, and compassion. Nurse background includes Nephrology specialty experie...
Correctional Nurse @ Southern Health Partners. Inc.
Patient-focused Correctional Nurse delivers patient care in youth and adult detention facilities. Determined individual with background assessing chronic and acute conditions, mental health, and drug-...
1 yrs 11 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.