Surgeons are tasked with performing medical operations in order to treat disease, injury and deformity. Just as the lives of patients are in your hands, the future of your career is in your hands. Ensure your resume objective is one that shows you’ve got the education, drive and experience to properly, safely and effectively treat your patients. Operate on your objective until it’s a perfect specimen worthy of consideration.
What the Surgeon Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Your resume objective should specify your area of expertise, such as cardiology, dermatology, radiology or pathology. Resume objectives should also list relevant education, experience, skills and any goals you might have for your future position or your career. Be sure to mention any special certification or recognition you’ve obtained in your surgical career. You might also want to consider mentioning how well you work with other surgeons, medical assistants and operating room staff.
Sample Surgeon Resume Objectives
As you’re creating your resume objective, it’s best that you be sure to include the name of the institution to which you are applying. This helps to show how serious and eager you are to work with the facility and also helps your future employer visualize you working with them. Take a look at the following resume objective samples and customize them to fit your resume.
1. Newly graduated medical student seeks a cardiology residency with ABC General as a starting point for surgeon career and a way to learn more about advanced surgical equipment and techniques
2. Desiring a general surgeon position with ABC Medical to utilize five years of experience with operating on the vascular system, abdomen and endocrine system.
3. Seeking employment with ABC Hospital as a sinus surgeon with three years of experience and a background in working with patients who suffer from allergies and sinus congestion.
4. Looking to begin internship as a dermatologic surgeon with ABC General and supplement my passion for helping patients feel good in their skin and learn more about minimally invasive surgeries.
5. Searching for employment with ABC Medical as a gastroenterological surgeon with a desire to discover and create surgical breakthroughs at a cutting edge facility.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Accomplished Flight Attendant offering over Number years in domestic and international commercial airline industry. Highly skilled in responding...
Experience: 28 yrs 3 mo
Reliable Electrician Assistant with passion for learning about electrical systems. Adept at arranging wiring, fixtures and conduit boxes. Strong and physically fit with ability to lift over 250 pou...
Experience: 2 yrs 9 mo
Hard-working Site Manager with 12 years of experience. Educated in OSHA safety requirements and experienced leading team of over 2-5 workers. Proficient in carpentry, flooring installation, concret...
Experience: 21 yrs 4 mo
Well-rounded Personal Care Aide with 3 months assisting clients with various daily living needs at home. Talented at offering attentive care to patients by managing health needs, helping with perso...
Experience: 6 yrs 1 mo
Committed and hardworking restaurant manager with 28 years of experience directing quality food service. Well-rounded leader with talent for supervising employees, controls daily operations positiv...
Experience: 7 yrs 10 mo