Want to use this resume?
There are plenty of opportunities to land an Account Manager job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting an Account Manager Resume Objective that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Skills To Put in an Account Manager Resume Objective
Account manager applicants frequently use the objective section to emphasize the hard and soft skills they have successfully applied throughout their careers. Placed near the top of the resume, many hiring managers scan this section first to quickly judge whether the candidate has the skills and experience needed to be a good fit for the job.
Critically evaluate how you have applied your skills in past jobs, and make sure to include the ones that best apply to the position you want to obtain. Provide a well-rounded view of how you can be valuable to the organization. Tailor the topics to the specific job by using terms from the job description. Many account managers include these skills on their resumes:
- Effectively uses data and business intelligence resources to drive sales
- Finds creative ways to solve problems and exceed customer expectations
- Successfully manages client accounts through onboarding, upselling, and partnership projects
- Familiar with Company Name Office applications, Company Name Docs, and Salesforce.com
- Understands working on Software-as-a-Service, or SaaS, platforms
- Strong analytical and financial skills, including forecasting and budgeting
- Enjoys collaborating on multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excels at juggling tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Track record of exceeding individual and team sales goals
- Experience with account portfolio planning and prioritization
Account Manager Resume Objective
As the name suggests, account managers manage the accounts of various individuals, which requires a diverse range of skills. A resume objective must be specifically crafted to highlight these various skills in a clear and concise manner. The objective helps to create the employer’s first impression of you so it is important that you make it a good one.
What The Account Manager Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Account managers must be able to manage several different tasks at once. Some of those things include developing and maintaining client relationships through effective communication, providing quality customer service, analyzing data and forecasting, problem-solving and more. A proper objective will highlight your skills and characteristics that prove that you are capable of fulfilling these duties better than other candidates. At the same time, you also want to make it clear that you are truly interested in working with the company that you are applying to and not just looking for any account manager position.
Sample Account Manager Resume Objectives
The best way to encompass the most important skills in one objective sentence is to focus on the characteristics, training, and knowledge that will stick out to the employer that you are applying to. Below are a few examples that you can customize for your needs.
1. Self-motivated management professional seeking to apply strong relational skills and conflict resolution abilities in an account management position with a reputable company.
2. Experienced account manager with over X years in the industry seeks opportunity to apply extensive knowledge and skills in a progressive account management position with Company Name.
3. Hard-working business administration graduate with management experience and strong problem solving capabilities looking to obtain an entry-level position with a respectable company such as Company Name.
4. Exceptional client relations specialist seeking an opportunity to utilize strong communication, organization, management, and problem-solving skills in an account management position with a thriving company.
5. Leading customer service professional with strong management, analytical and problem solving skills desires the opportunity to transition into an account manager position with the prestigious Company Name.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.