Paralegal Resume Objective
A paralegal’s core job responsibilities revolve around assisting lawyers by performing investigative work and research to support legal actions and proceedings. The work requires knowledge of common laws and the legal system and is heavy on comprehension and communication, both written and verbal. An effectively stated objective should convey your confidence and qualifications to employers, highlighting your ability to communicate professionally.
What The Paralegal Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Employers are looking for candidates who are familiar with current laws at the local, state, and national levels, plus a general awareness of the inner workings of the legal system. This type of job involves many clerical responsibilities and communication, necessitating a strong grasp of the English language. An even temperament is a beneficial quality for candidates to possess, both for working with lawyers as well as clients. Also, consider touching on general skills that are desirable to employers, such as relevant knowledge of software and computer systems and the ability to work well with customers.
Sample Paralegal Resume Objectives
When stating your objective, it’s important both to paint yourself as a quality candidate while also illustrating your interest in working with that particular company. Always cite your prospective employer by name to help your resume stand out from the crowd.
1. Detail-oriented individual seeks paralegal position with ABC Company to utilize strong work ethic plus good working knowledge of legal system and court proceedings.
2. Experienced paralegal seeks an opportunity at ABC Company to utilize amassed knowledge in order to provide beneficial service to staff as well as clients.
3. Driven paralegal with three years of experience seeks position at ABC Company to make a positive impact through exceptional client and staff support.
4. Attain a position with ABC Company which will benefit from strong knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and focused dedication to client satisfaction.
5. Motivated and detail-oriented paralegal seeks opportunity with ABC Company to provide outstanding customer service and exceptional staff support.
Skills To Put in a Paralegal Resume Objective
Your resume objective is where you get to show off your most impressive, applicable, and important qualities to potential employers and hiring managers. In addition to stating your purpose for applying for the job, your resume objective should also list several skills that emphasize what you bring to the organization.
To determine which skills to include in your objective statement when you apply for a job as a paralegal, you should evaluate what the job posting asks for as well as your personal strengths. Make sure you include a blend of hard and softs skills in the objective statement and skills sections of your resume. Here are a few of the proficiencies you should include in your paralegal objective statement:
- Able to organize electronic case files efficiently and accurately
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of bankruptcy law and estate tax returns
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent legal research skills
- Decisive and able to work well with others in team settings
- Expertise with basic legal proceedings complemented by the ability to assist with court processes
- Talented at preparing case files and gathering evidence in preparation for trials and hearings
- Works well with attorneys and values forming strong professional relationships with partners, associates, and other paralegals
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.