Electrician Resume Objective
Electricians are hired by homes or businesses to install, maintain, or repair any electrical equipment or wiring. It is very important to customize your resume objective so that it reflects the qualifications you have that would benefit you on the job. Use the objective to highlight your accomplishments and let the hiring manager know that you are the best applicant for the position.
What The Electrician Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Electricians have a number of tasks they need to perform, including diagnosing any malfunctions, estimating cost of services, constructing new parts, preparing blueprints, and testing circuitry. Being an electrician can be a physically demanding job, so your objective should indicate that you will be able to work for long hours under possibly strenuous conditions. You will also need a familiarity with the basic tools used by electricians such as cable reels, wire cutters, and stripping tools. After reading your resume objective, a prospective employer should know exactly what qualifications you have that make you well-equipped to handle the basic responsibilities of the position.
Sample Electrician Resume Objectives
The name of the company should be included within the objective statement so that the hiring manager knows that you sincerely desire the job. These objectives can be customized to reflect your own skills and talents:
1. Looking for an Electrician position with ABC company to use knowledge of construction methods and engineering principles for mutual growth and success.
2. Obtain a position at ABC company as an Electrician to utilize familiarity with voltage meters, cable cutters, wire dollies, and various other essential tools.
3. Seeking employment as an Electrician to use experiences with installing new electrical systems and testing equipment for the benefit of ABC company.
4. Results-driven professional with 10+ years of experience inspecting electrical equipment, diagnosing malfunctions, and training personnel looking for an Electrician position at ABC company.
5. Use knowledge of design techniques and mechanical maintenance to be a proficient Electrician for ABC company.
Skills To Put in an Electrician Resume Objective
To get hired as an electrician, you need more than just a license and technical experience. Even when you’re highly qualified, you’ll be competing with other applicants for the best jobs. With that in mind, be sure to emphasize your most relevant skills at the top of your resume as part of your objective statement. Other qualifications you want to mention can go into your skills section.
How do you know which skills deserve special emphasis? First, go with your strongest qualities, and then double-check the job posting for important requirements. You will most likely be working with other people, such as contractors, coworkers, and members of the public, so don’t overlook soft skills such as customer service, collaboration, and leadership ability.
Following are a few of the most sought-after resume skills for electricians:
- Critical thinking and planning skills
- Deep understanding of basic construction skills and processes
- Project management
- Safety-conscious team player, leader, and collaborator
- Strong customer service focus
- Extensive troubleshooting and repair experience
- Knowledge of quality control issues, including analysis and resolution
- Experience with new construction wiring as well as updating electrical systems and remodeling
- Broad understanding of the National Electric Code
- Journeyman license
- Experience diagnosing and repairing hydraulic and mechanical components
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.