Want to use this resume?
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Hair Stylist job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Hair Stylist Resume Objective that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Skills To Put in a Hair Stylist Resume Objective
There are many different aspects to consider when writing a resume, but one of the most important is your skills. An effective resume objective statement will describe your abilities so that employers know what to expect if they hire you. You should include both hard and soft skills, which cover a wide range of physical and behavioral abilities. Holding a hair stylist job is more than simply knowing how to style hair. It requires patience, social skills, creativity, and design knowledge, which are soft skills.
The set of skills you include should actually apply to you. There should be no question about whether you can put the skills listed in your objective into practice. Additionally, the job description shows some other skills employers value.
This list of hair stylist skills can help you get inspired for your own resume objective:
- Excellent interpersonal and professional verbal communication skills
- Proficient multitasker able to handle several tasks at once
- Extensive background in the beauty industry
- Strong creativity and design skills
- Extensive knowledge of current beauty trends and terms
- Highly practiced hair cutting, styling, dyeing, and treating abilities
- Experience handling money responsibly and counting change accurately
- Patient and understanding with customers
- Self-motivated professional
- Complete understanding of how to use electronic and analog hair styling tools and equipment
Hair Stylist Resume Objectives
Busy salons look to employ a Hair Stylist who displays a broad range of skills. A successful member of a salon team listens and communicates well with clients, uses excellent techniques in cutting, coloring, and styling hair, and is clean and organized. A good objective statement should clearly present a combination of abilities that will make your resume stand out immediately to a potential employer.
What the Hair Stylist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The objective is often the first thing an employer reads after an applicant’s name. A successful objective should inspire the employer to read on. Include your proficiency with the latest techniques as well as with the basics of cutting, coloring, and styling hair. Make direct reference to a facility with a variety of tools and products. Mention a background in money management and organization, as well as experience with appointment calendars and customer databases. Refer to your desire to promote sales and products.
Sample Hair Stylist Resume Objectives
When writing an objective, distinguish yourself from other applicants by accentuating a well-rounded and professional profile. The position of Hair Stylist requires an applicant to demonstrate the ability to work well with the public, exercise creative vision, be technically proficient, and generate business while maintaining a customer base. Here are a few examples of objective statements:
1. Friendly, creative individual who stays current on the latest trends seeks position as Hair Stylist for Company Name salon.
2. Organized, ambitious professional with a broad range of styling skills looking to expand customer base through a position as Hair Stylist for Company Name salon.
3. Customer-focused positive team member with cutting-edge technique searching for opportunity as Hair Stylist for Company Name salon.
4. Seeking to combine a dedication to creativity and innovation with business management experience in the position of Hair Stylist at Company Name salon.
5. Fun, dependable, creative individual looking for opportunity at Company Name salon to engage with public and further develop skills in beauty business.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.