Want to use this resume?
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Cosmetology job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Cosmetology Resume Objective that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Skills to Put in a Cosmetology Resume Objective
Before getting a job in cosmetology, you need to write a great resume. Employers want you to wow them within the first few lines of your resume in your objective, and you can do this by focusing on important cosmetology skills. Think of top skills in this field that you can use for the objective and skills section of your submission.
Besides those hard, measurable skills, you should also mention a few soft skills that all job candidates should have. Hiring managers like to see applicants with a variety of talents and characteristics. The job description is a great place to find a comprehensive list of must-have professional abilities for your next job in cosmetology. Here is a good list of essential skills you can start with:
- Ability to provide a top customer service experience to all clients
- Knowledge of the newest trends in hair design, fashion, makeup, and skincare
- Strong manual dexterity to manipulate a cosmetologist’s tools
- Capability to be on feet for long periods of time when working
- Excellent listening skills to ensure client satisfaction with service
- Highly intuitive about color, style, cut, and other aspects of beauty
- Impressive work ethic and commitment to keeping workspace clean
- Expert knowledge of various beauty and hairstyling techniques
- Well-groomed appearance with nicely styled hair, makeup, and nails
- Friendly and pleasant personality and an ability to make conversation with people
Cosmetology Resume Objectives
Cosmetologists most often work in salons and provide a number of beauty-related services to their clients. These may include coloring and styling hair, providing nail and skincare services, and treating conditions of the scalp. If you are a cosmetologist looking for a job, the objective on your resume should illustrate the skills that you possess while also highlighting your best professional abilities.
What the Cosmetology Resume Objectives Should Tell Prospective Employers
Since the cosmetology industry can be competitive, you should be prepared to show a potential employer why you are the best one for the job from the very minute they pick up your resume. Most of the time, the objective of your resume will be the very first thing that an employer sees and can play a large role in whether or not they decide to hire you. Due to this, it is critical that you make a good impression by crafting an objective that gives your resume an added level of appeal.
Sample Cosmetology Resume Objectives
Oftentimes, making sure that you put the specific business name in your objective can help an employer identify your skills and abilities with the spot they are looking to fill. It can also help them see that you want to work for their specific salon. Take a look at these sample objectives so that you know what to include in your own objective.
1. Customer-oriented cosmetologist looking for a position as a hairstylist with ABC salon in order to put over 5 years of experience to good use.
2. Seeking a position at ABC salon as a cosmetologist so that knowledge of the beauty industry can be used.
3. Obtain a position as a cosmetologist with ABC salon and grow clientele base while helping clients feel their best.
4. Motivated cosmetologist looking for opportunity to enhance skills with ABC salon.
5. Acquire a cosmetologist position with ABC salon and learn more about the beauty industry while providing necessary styling skills to clients.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.