Entry Level Receptionist Resume Objective
Receptionists have the duty of answering questions and providing information to the general public, visitors, customers and anyone else who inquires about the organization. When you apply for an Entry Level Receptionist position, your resume objective needs to persuade the hiring manager to read the rest of your resume and that you are the best applicant for the job.
What The Entry Level Receptionist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
In addition to answering questions, an Entry Level Receptionist will also be in charge of other tasks. These can include scheduling meetings, planning events, operating daily inventory records, faxing, filing and helping other members of the company when needed. Excellent data entry and typing skills are required as well as superb written communication skills. Since you will be interacting with many different types of people, you need to have great customer service skills. With the right combination of talents and experiences, a prospective employer will know that you are the best person for the position.
Sample Entry Level Receptionist Resume Objectives
A vital detail to include in your objective statement is the name of the company. This shows the hiring manager that you are sincerely interested in working at the organization. Here are a few examples that can be customized for your resume:
1. Utilize excellent typing and data entry capabilities for the benefit of ABC company as an Entry Level Receptionist.
2. Obtain an Entry Level Receptionist position at ABC company to use experiences with faxing, filing and scheduling meetings.
3. Seeking employment as an Entry Level Receptionist to apply customer service and communication skills at ABC company.
4. Looking for a position at ABC company as an Entry Level Receptionist to utilize degree in business administration as well as experience with coordinating events to assist in the productivity of the organization.
5. Organized individual with 10+ years of experience in operating telephone switchboards, providing information to guests and performing basic administrative tasks seeking an Entry Level Receptionist position at ABC company.
Skills To Put in an Entry Level Receptionist Resume Objective
For entry level positions, you should be reasonably confident the hiring manager will have to read through dozens of applications. Many people, including recent college graduates, apply for these jobs, and you want to make it clear from the beginning of your resume that you can handle the position’s responsibilities.
Since the hiring manager may only spend 10 seconds reviewing your entry level receptionist resume objective before deciding whether to go further, you need to make every word count. The objective statement should include pertinent soft and hard skills that will allow you to successfully carry out the duties of the position if hired. These are the most important skills for any receptionist resume objective:
- Friendly speaking voice and personality
- Knowledgeable of multi-line telephone systems and ability to transfer calls
- Able to greet visitors in a welcoming, approachable manner
- Typing speed of 75 words per minute
- Experience with handling sensitive pieces of information and maintaining discretion
- Familiarity with Intuit QuickBooks, Corel WordPerfect, and appointment-scheduling software
- Proficiency with administrative duties, including faxing, photocopying, and binding
- Driver’s license to run errands, such as depositing funds at the bank
- Keen eye for detail to maintain high levels of accuracy
- History of remaining proactive and prioritizing assignments
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Experienced Entry Level Counselor knowledgeable about Substance Abuse and Mental Health. Proficient in individual and group therapy methods. Offering 3 years' of mental health experience and Certif...
Experience: 3 yrs 7 mo
Hardworking Educator with [Number] years of distinguished [Area of expertise] experience working with [Type] s...
Experience: 21 yrs 10 mo
Hardworking and reliable employee with strong ability in customer service and problem solving. Offering vocational skills, team work and attention to detail. Highly organized, proactive and punctua...
Experience: 3 yrs 2 mo
Security-focused and diligent Guard skilled at protecting personnel and premises. Responds and acts appropriately to situational assessments, including criminal acts and fire and medical emergencie...
Experience: 3 yrs 8 mo
Experienced team member knowledgeable about handling wide range of upkeep, repair and routine tasks. Highly adaptable and competent in learning new tasks quickly to maximize productivity. Dedicated...
Experience: 2 yrs 6 mo