Office managers work in almost every industry to plan and direct the administrative services of an organization. A good resume objective is strong and focused, compelling a prospective employer to continue reading the rest of your resume. Since the objective serves as a quick introduction, be sure to highlight your leadership and managerial skills, talents, and goals.
What The Office Manager Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
An office manager performs a broad range of managerial and administrative duties within an organization, making the basic competencies for this position varied and complex. Depending on the organization, necessary skills include mastery of clerical tasks, customer service, personnel resources, and administration management. Specific tasks might include management of files and records, coordination of people and schedules, knowledge of training procedures, and customer needs assessments. When writing a resume for this position, you should emphasize coordination, communication, and time management skills in the objective statement. Prospective employers are likely to respond well to candidates who are self-starters and have demonstrated initiative in previous positions.
Sample Office Manager Resume Objectives
When drafting the objective for an Office Manager position, clearly outlining your qualifications, skills, knowledge, and experience shows prospective employers that you are the best candidate for the position. To emphasize your interest in the company, include their name in the objective. Here are a few examples:
1. Organized and proactive self-starter seeking position as Office Manager with ABC company that allows use of exceptional time management, administrative and leadership skills.
2. Seeking an entry-level Office Manager position within ABC company to support company growth through utilization of exceptional communication, coordination, and problem-solving skills.
3. Results-oriented, committed individual desiring Office Manager position with ABC company that enables the use of administrative, time management, and organizational skills to support employees and build client base.
4. Looking to secure Office Manager position within ABC company that utilizes exceptional knowledge of personnel management and clerical coordination to positively contribute to organizational growth.
5. Pursuing position as Executive Office Manager with ABC company to support executives and grow client network by drawing on 8+ years of experience providing high-quality systems management, personnel recruitment, professional communication, and leadership.
Skills To Put in an Office Manager Resume Objective
Often companies rely on Applicant Tracking Systems to screen job applications. To ensure your resume gets through this initial screening process, you need to incorporate technical and interpersonal skills throughout your document, especially in the resume objective section. Including your relevant capabilities improves your chances of getting called for interviews.
If you have a wide range of qualifications, it may be difficult to decide which to mention in your office manager objective statement. To narrow down your list, focus on your strongest attributes and match them to the skill set mentioned in the job listing. This helps ensure you’re providing key details employers need for making hiring decisions. Here are some top competencies for an office manager position:
- Extensive background in accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll processing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Pleasant, professional demeanor
- Solid organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Google Suite products
- Familiarity with using standard office equipment
- Ability to deliver and maintain policies and procedures for operations
- Proven ability to work with internal management staff, clients, and vendors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- Vast experience handling confidential information in a professional manner
- Strong capability for managing multiple priorities
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Human Resources Manager,+human +resources +manager +resume @ Target
Results-driven Store Manager offering 25+ years in achieving positive human resources results for a diverse sampling of companies. Articulate negotiator skillful in supporting competitive company grow...
3 yrs 3 mo
Restaurant Manager,+restaurant +manager +resume @ Brick And Spoon
Committed and hardworking restaurant manager with 28 years of experience directing quality food service. Well-rounded leader with talent for supervising employees, controls daily operations positive a...
7 yrs 10 mo
Support Teacher,+support +teacher +resume @ Bright & Early Childcare
Passionate Teacher with experience developing and implementing diverse curriculums covering wide range of subjects. Highly skilled at motivating students through positive encouragement and reinforceme...
3 yrs 8 mo
Professional Resume Agency Owner/HR Consultant @ Pro Resume Coach, LLC
Experienced H.R. Generalist, Recruiter, Social Media Marketer, and Sales professional well versed in employment law, payroll, benefits, employee coaching, and team building. Proven successful track re...
20 yrs 11 mo
Writer,+writer +resume @ Lezli Freeman
Meticulous Writer offering exemplary skills in curating creative content. Pursuing position writing for growth-oriented organization. Effective at using various writing styles to complete writing assi...
13 yrs 4 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.