Blogger Resume Examples
Blogging initially started as a journal of one’s day-to-day activity but has now become a popular and fast-growing medium for business, marketing, and networking purposes. With faster internet connections and the ever-increasing use of tablets and smartphones, the demand for blogging is here to stay.
According to the Bureau of Statistics, 63% of writers are self-employed, meaning that they write for clients on a contract or freelance basis. Writing a resume for this type of work can be challenging but our blogger resume example can show you how.
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Resume Success Stories
What is a Blogger?
A blogger is a writer whose work appears online. A blogger may write a personal blog or content for a company, which is typically for sales and marketing purposes. In either scenario, a blogger must have a thorough understanding of the topic and the audience at hand. A blogger’s core responsibilities include researching and brainstorming, posting ideas, writing blogs, ensuring error-free content, and understanding search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM) and social media. Excellent writing skills are the foremost requirement to become a blogger. They also need to work with clients and submit work before deadlines. Bloggers usually need a bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or Journalism.
What Makes This a Great
Blogger Resume Example?
LiveCareer’s team of certified resume writers know what recruiters look for in top blogger candidates. They understand the skills and qualifications industry recruiters look for when hiring for these roles.
Study our blogger resume example to gain an understanding of what goes into a compelling resume, including:
- Best-in-class content: Hiring managers nowadays use applicant tracking system (ATS) to scour resumes for job-relevant keywords and shortlist the appropriate candidates. Our blogger resume example includes industry-relevant keywords such as “SEO knowledge,” “story development,” and “editorial feedback” to help you learn how to stand out. Or, for more help, use our Resume Builder which offers pre-written content suggestions for every section of your resume.
- Choosing the appropriate format: Your resume format should highlight your skills and achievements based on your experience level. Our blogger resume example uses a combination format that highlights both skills and work history for a mid-career professional. Entry-level applicants and senior-level bloggers should consider a different resume format.
- The right resume template: Blogging is a creative field but demands professionalism and work commitment from the job seeker. Our blogger resume example uses a resume template with a professional but colorful design, which is perfect for a creative field. For more conservative roles, applicants should choose a more traditional resume template from our library.
3 Blogger Professional Summary Examples
As a blogger, your professional summary needs to hone in on your skills and expertise to show potential employers at-a-glance who you are and what you can produce. Thus, it should be carefully crafted to highlight your most impressive achievements. Study our blogger resume example to see how to write an informative yet concise professional summary.
Here are three additional examples of professional summaries for you blogger resume:
- A passionate and self-driven blogger with over 10 years of writing experience on travel, food and photography topics. Extensive knowledge of WordPress, Photoshop, SEO, Google Analytics and social media marketing. Skilled researcher with strong interviewing skills.
- A highly motivated professional and creative thinker with one year of experience as a content writer and blogger for a university website. Researched and wrote 50 posts for the university blog, 10 of which have been turned into feature length articles for the magazine. Specialize in current events, including extensive writing on the #MeToo movement and pandemic-related remote learning.
- Experienced blogger with proven ability to quickly develop blog content on the topics of technology, and arts and entertainment. Personal blog covering trending topics in mainstream and independent film and music productions has been mentioned in several Top 10 Blogs lists. Achieved 10,000 views within two years by leveraging an in-depth understanding of the industry and audience, and social media marketing.
3 Blogger Work Experience Examples
As a blogger, your work experience section needs to be extremely well-written. Study our blogger resume example to learn more about how to capture your skills and quantifiable achievements in this critical section.
Here are three more examples to consider:
- Traveled and wrote destination guides for 15 countries in Europe and Asia
- Initiated website redesign and implemented Google Analytics tools and SEO to increase the website traffic by 50%
- Conceptualized and launched a beauty blog that attracted 4,000 monthly online visitors through social media and SEO
Top Skills for Your Blogger Resume
Read the job description and identify the job-specific skills that match your experience. You can also check our Resume Builder’s recommendations for industry-relevant skills. Here are some hard and soft skills you might consider including in your blogger resume:
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Expert HTML skills
- SEO knowledge
- Negotiation skills
- Creative thinker
- Efficient planning
Building Your Blogger Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
- What are a blogger’s responsibilities?
- How should you write about your blogging achievements on a resume?
- What qualifications do you need to be a blogger?
What are a blogger’s responsibilities?
As a blogger, you need to research topics, write blogs, and check your work for grammar and factual errors. Bloggers typically have to produce work quickly and most need to know how to use blogging platforms, like WordPress. In addition, it’s critical to understand SEO best practices in order to gain the maximum traffic to the blog or website. Besides, you may have to add photos, videos, and other graphics to your blog and promote it through social media channels.
How should you write about your blogging achievements on a resume?
Mention your achievements along with data and performance metrics that show employers the impact of your work. For example, if you have increased page views or subscribers through your writing, mention it in your professional summary and in your work experience section. If you have less or no experience as a blogger, any volunteering jobs or internships you’ve had that helped you cultivate transferable skills relevant to a blogger job.
What qualifications do you need to be a blogger?
If you are seeking a blogger job, employers may look for a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communications on your resume. In addition, you should have relevant computer skills, including the use of content management systems, CSS, HTML, blogging platforms like WordPress. Possess knowledge of SEO and social media is also a huge plus.