Table of Contents
Resume Success Stories
Building Your Marketing Manager Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
What Is a Marketing Manager?
Marketing managers plan, direct and oversee the marketing programs of a brand. This can include determining the demand for products and services, overseeing product development and developing pricing strategies. Some marketing managers focus on promotional communications whereas others focus more on strategy. Many also handle budgets for the business functions they oversee. Fifty-six percent of marketing manager jobs require a bachelor’s degree and 24% require a master’s degree. Some positions only require a professional degree.
What Makes This a Great
Marketing Manager Resume Example?
Working as a marketing manager can be both personally and professionally rewarding. Getting the right job is easier when you have a stellar resume. LiveCareer can help you craft a more compelling document using marketing manager resume examples for inspiration. Here are some of the ways that our examples assist:
- Professionally-written content: Our resume examples are written by certified resume writers who are familiar with the most sought-after skills and qualifications recruiters look for when hiring marketing managers. Use these as inspiration for writing your own document, or use our builder which makes pre-written content suggestions for each section of your resume.
- Best resume formats: If you’re still in the earlier stages of your marketing career, a functional or combination resume format will best highlight the experience and transferable skills you have. The example above uses a chronological resume format to show off the applicant’s experience and career progression. Our builder will suggest the right format for your professional level.
- Industry-appropriate templates: Whether you’re a veteran marketing professional or just out of school, your resume needs to stand out from the crowd. A well-chosen resume template matches the professional setting to which you’re applying. This example, for instance, features a clean design with a splash of color, making it a versatile document that will work for most marketing roles.
3 Marketing Manager Professional Summaries Examples
Your professional summary is a short description of your most valuable qualifications. It is a chance to highlight your noteworthy contributions to campaigns, products and strategies. Use LiveCareer’s marketing manager resume examples as inspiration for your summary, or consider one of these examples:
- Veteran marketing manager with over 12 years of experience in the hospitality and hotel management space. In-depth knowledge of pricing and value proposition models for the industry. Multitalented service strategist with unique insight into hospitality customer needs.
- Hard-working marketing manager who has contributed to consumer product promotional campaigns for four years. Ready to apply thorough understanding of persuasive brand messaging and compelling product strategy. Dedicated team member experienced with cross-functional product teams.
- Marketing manager with eight years of experience contributing to enterprise product brands’ success. Proven abilities for conceptualizing, launching and promoting effective products in a business-to-business environment. Eager to bring strong communication and leadership abilities to a new team.
3 Marketing Manager Work Experience Section Examples
In many cases, your work history is what sets you apart from other applicants. Well-written bullet points describing your responsibilities and achievements prove your ability to perform. Our marketing manager resume examples show you how to use powerful language and your own persuasive metrics to make an impression. Here are three additional examples for you to consider:
- Researched and developed effective pricing strategy for three new consumer product releases.
- Increased bottom line by 10% through targeted campaigns aimed at under-performing market niches.
- Ensured consistent on-time and on-budget implementation of marketing initiatives across all relevant teams.
Top Skills for Your Marketing Manager Resume
Companies are looking for marketing managers who can bring valuable and unique skills to promote their organizations and products. LiveCareer’s marketing manager resume examples help you identify your most sought-after and relevant skills. Use our recommendations or a few of these examples when you write your resume:
- SAP enterprise resource planning software
- Google Analytics
- Brand campaign analysis
- Strategic planning
- Persuasive communication
- Team leadership
- Goal prioritizing
Find Your Ideal Job
Once you have built your resume, stay on top of your job search with Job Alerts. Once you sign up, we will email you when there are new marketing manager openings in your location.
Marketing Manager Plain Text Resume
Name: Macie Webster
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Performance-driven Marketing Manager skilled in creating marketing plans and leading successful product launches, promotions, and development. Well-versed in SEO content creation, social media audience engagement, and brand management.
- Account acquisition
- Compelling presentations
- Persuasive negotiator
- Tenacious follow-up
- Prospect qualification
- Goal setting
- Territory management
- Client retention
Company Name, City, State
- Improved product marketing objectives by constructing communication initiatives and branding strategies to increase client outreach.
- Built brand awareness and generated leads while managing internal and external marketing campaigns and programs.
- Collaborated with senior sales, engineering, and other business development executives to create best practices marketing initiatives and media positioning for vertical markets.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Company Name, City, State
- Collaborated cross-functionally with sales, engineering and product management teams to accomplish shared goals.
- Masterminded highly successful digital strategies for various platforms to attract customer engagement.
- Tracked and reported on marketing campaign performance monthly to help with optimizing current and future plans.
Company Name, City, State
- Worked closely with all product development departments to create and maintain marketing materials for sales presentations and client meetings.
- Increased audience engagement with brand websites by finding and integrating relevant videos, tweets, and other online content.
- Provided analytical support and monitored data quality by interpreting and summarizing data and trends.
Education & Training
Bachelor of Science: Marketing ,City, State
Marketing Manager FAQs
What is the marketing manager job description?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, marketing managers create and grow demand for the products and services sold by a business and its competitors. They also identify market opportunities for the brand. They can oversee the promotional campaigns and publicity that help sell the products and services. Marketing managers often research and develop pricing strategies.
Who do marketing managers report to?
This depends on the size and structure of the organization. At small businesses, a marketing manager may report directly to the chief executive office or founder. At larger organizations, a marketing manager’s boss may be a director of marketing, vice president of marketing, chief marketing officer or a similar position.
What do marketing managers make?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the median annual wage for marketing managers in 2018 was $136,850. The highest-earning received more than $208,00 per year, while the lowest 10% earned less than $71,010. Marketing managers earn about $11,000 more per year than the median for advertising and promotions managers.