Table of Contents
Resume Success Stories
Building Your Stocker Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
What Is a Stocker ?
A stocker receives, unpacks and stores items in a warehouse, stockroom, tool room or storage yard. They may complete a variety of other tasks as part of this process, such as inspecting objects for damage or defects, counting and labeling items, keeping inventory records by hand and/or using a computer, carefully organizing materials and creating inventory reports. Stocking typically requires a high school diploma (or equivalent) and some degree of previous experience. Stockers also need good manual dexterity and stationary strength in order to move and handle inventory.
What Makes This a Great
Stocker Resume Example?
Finding a job that fits both your skills and interests is often difficult. LiveCareer’s stocker resume examples minimize job search anxiety by helping you with every step of the resume-writing process, from what you say to how you say it, and even how you design the document itself. Here are the highlights of what our examples can teach you:
- Professionally-written content: This job seeker’s resume makes use of content crafted by our team of certified resume writers, such as “prepared over 200 merchandise per day for transfer to shelves.” If they’re applicable, you can borrow these example phrases as-is or personalize them to reflect your own information.
- Format recommendations: There are three main types of resume format: chronological, functional and combination. This example resume employs the combination format, which evenly highlights not only the job seeker’s physical skills, such as product labeling and heavy lifting, but also their chronological work experience.
- Template suggestions: LiveCareer offers a variety of differently designed resume templates for you to choose from. This stocker resume, for example, utilizes a clean, modern template that speaks to the applicant’s professionalism and ability to organize. Choose a design template that’s appropriate to both the industry and the position sought.
3 Stocker Professional Summaries Examples
The professional summary is typically how your resume makes its first impression. Ideally, it gives hiring managers a brief, engaging overview of your relevant skills and accomplishments using specific details and metrics. Use our stocker resume examples for inspiration as you write your own summary, or enlist our resume builder’s help for additional guidance and customizable text suggestions, such as the following:
- Reliable stocker with experience packing and unpacking items for Meijer and Target stores. Unpacked more than 225 items per day on average. Trained forklift operator. Cooperative, enthusiastic team player.
- Veteran stocker with 10 years’ experience in retail inventory management. Trained four new hires in electronics and computer products. Instituted new record-keeping plan that reduced internal theft by 80%. Fluent in Spanish.
- Energetic stocker with four years of experience in grocery stores. Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail. Independent self-starter adept at time management. Able to lift 45 pounds.
3 Stocker Work Experience Section Examples
If you have a wealth of work experience, succinctly summing it up can be a challenge. Let LiveCareer’s stocker resume examples show you how it’s done. For extra help, you can also utilize pre-written content from our resume builder. These text suggestions, drafted by professional resume writers, are easy to customize with your own metrics as you see fit.
Here are three work experience examples the builder might suggest for a stocker resume:
- Compared items received to invoices to verify accuracy of 15 shipments per week.
- Transported large furniture purchases to customer vehicles.
- Stocked shelves, rotated product and removed defective items for a store carrying over 40,000 products.
Top Skills for Your Stocker Resume
The inclusion of industry-specific skills is one of the best ways to advance your resume through the hiring process. LiveCareer’s stocker resume examples, as well as our resume builder, will suggest the hard and soft skills most wanted by recruiters. For example, you might include some of the following proficiencies on your stocker resume:
- Inventory management
- Electronic invoicing
- OSHA training
- Inspecting items for defects
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Active listening
Find Your Ideal Job
Once you have built your resume, stay on top of your job search with Job Alerts. Once you sign up, we will email you when there are new stocker openings in your location.
Stocker Plain Text Resume
Name: Vicky Mullen
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Team-oriented Stocker with experience handling diverse tasks, including checking shipments and assisting customers in finding items. Positive and upbeat communicator dedicated to customer satisfaction. Proficient in keeping stock current, organized and properly identified to promote sales.
- Stocking and replenishing
- Cleaning procedures
- Product restocking
- Product labeling
- Shelving of products
- Time management
- Strong communication
- Heavy lifting
Company Name, City, State
May 2018 to Current
- Patrol sales floor every other hour to replenish with merchandise before depletion.
- Prepare over 400 merchandise per day for transfer to shelves by removing packing materials and applying identifying codes, such as price or inventory control numbers.
- Block and face products on displays and shelves in accordance with company policy.
Company Name, City, State
January 2017 to March 2018
- Greeted over 50 customers daily, helped locate merchandise and suggested suitable options.
- Contributed to design and setup of merchandise displays promoting key products, creating aesthetically pleasing arrangements to attract customer attention.
- Assisted customers by blowing up balloons, tying strings, and attaching balloon weights.
Fast Food Crew Member
Company Name, City, State
June 2016 to December 2016
- Assembled food orders while maintaining appropriate portion control.
- Handled over $2,500 worth of daily credit card and cash payments.
- Reduced customer wait times by quickly and efficiently operating customer window and sales register.
High School Diploma, June 2016
Hialeah Gardens High School City, State
What is an overnight stocker?
As the position’s name suggests, an overnight stocker is someone who restocks the shelves of a retail store overnight when the store isn’t busy with customers. They might bring items from the stockroom by hand or use various types of equipment, such as hand trucks or forklifts. In addition to bringing merchandise to the sales floor, the stocker may face items and compare shelf labels to item SKUs for accuracy.
Do you need experience to be a stocker?
Most employers prefer at least some degree of experience in new hires, but many do not. They typically require a high school diploma (or its equivalent) as well. That said, stockers who work in retail stores generally need less experience, as well as less education, than stockers who move and handle inventory in warehouses or storage yards.