Administrative Resume Examples
LiveCareer’s administrative resume examples and our simple Resume Builder help you create the perfect resume for getting the job you want.
Our Recommended Examples
Popular Examples in the Administrative Space
Data Entry Clerk
Table of Contents
Administrative Resume Examples by Job Title
- Accounting Administrative Assistant
- Accounts Administrator
- Answering Operator
- Appointment Scheduler
- Assistant Front Office Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Assistant Office Manager
- Assistant Registrar
- Assistant Superintendent
- Attendance Clerk
- Automotive Warranty Administrator
- Back Office Manager
- Backup Administrator
- Bank Clerk
- Bilingual Receptionist
- Box Office Clerk
- Business Administrator
- Celebrity Personal Assistant
- Change Management Specialist
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Chief Executive Officer Personal Assistant
- Church Administrative Assistant
- Church Administrator
- Church Secretary
- City Clerk
- Clerical Assistant
- Clinic Receptionist
- Computer Operator
- Copier Technician
- Corporate Receptionist
- Cosmetic Surgery Receptionist
- County Clerk
- Customer Relationship Management Administrator
- Data Center Operator
- Data Collector
- Data Entry Clerk
- Data Entry Operator
- Data Processor
- Dental Receptionist
- Desktop Administrator
- Desktop Engineer
- Desktop Support Engineer
- Director Assistant
- Education Administrative Assistant
- Excel Expert
- Excel Specialist
- Exchange Administrator
- Exchange Server Administrator
- Executive Assistant
- Facilities Assistant
- Facilities Coordinator
- Finance Clerk
- Financial Administrative Assistant
- Financial Services Associate
- Front Desk Administrator
- Front Desk Officer
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Front Office Assistant
- Front Office Executive
- Front Office Receptionist
- General Assistant
- General Clerk
- General Manager
- General Merchandise Clerk
- General Office Clerk
- Head Receptionist
- Health Information Technician
- Hospital Receptionist
- Hospital Switchboard Operator
- Hotel Pbx Operator
- Hotel Telephone Operator
- Master Scheduler
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Scheduler
- Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
- Monitoring And Evaluation Specialist
- Non Profit Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Office Assistant
- Office Automation Assistant Clerk
- Office Manager
- Office Supervisor
- Office Support Professional
- Operations Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Phone Banker
- Powerpoint Specialist
- Procurement Analyst
- Procurement Assistant
- Procurement Officer
- Procurement Specialist
- Program Administrative Assistant
- Program Support Assistant
- Project Administrator
- Project Assistant
- Protocol Officer
- Real Estate Assistant
- Records Clerk
- Scanning Clerk
Create an Administrative Resume
in 5 Simple Steps
Get Expert Writing Recommendations for Your Administrative Resume
LiveCareer helps job seekers find the right way to word their resumes for jobs in the administrative field. Our Resume Builder provides industry-specific content and prewritten text created by certified resume writers. With our guidance, resume writing is faster and easier than ever.
If your goal is an administrative role, you need to use action words to show off your organizational, time management, and customer service skills. Here are some examples that our Resume Builder might recommend to job seekers who are writing an administrative resume:
- Performed general office duties, including answering multiline phones, routing telephone calls or messages to appropriate staff, and greeting visitors.
- Scanned files and eliminated outdated records.
- Created reports, correspondence, and spreadsheets with Microsoft Office programs.
- Greeted arriving members professionally.
- Managed travel itineraries and logistics for accommodations for 65+ employees.
- Established efficient workflow processes, monitored daily productivity, and implemented modifications to improve overall effectiveness of personnel and activities.
8 Dos and Don'ts for Writing an Administrative Resume
- Do point out your experience with computer software and technology. Administrative workers should be capable in most productivity software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel. They should also know scheduling software, such as Outlook or Google Calendar. Organizational tools or apps such as Dropbox or Evernote are also essential in the administrative job-seeker’s arsenal of skills.
- Do include details about problem-solving. An administrative resume should provide examples of high-level problem-solving, such as managing office supply orders and inventory. Other workers in this field demonstrate problem-solving skills by being a key contact in an office and answering questions from other employees.
- Do emphasize your interpersonal skills. Interpersonal skills are important to recruiters for jobs in this field. In fact, 71 percent of hiring managers and HR professionals say they’re more likely to select a candidate based on their emotional intelligence than on their IQ.
- Do give information about your organizational abilities. Administrative assistants, data clerks, receptionists, and many other job titles in this field rely on organization to succeed. Your resume should have plenty of details about your ability to organize, such as experience creating filing systems, making travel arrangements, organizing events, or managing executive calendars.
- Don’t forget to customize the resume for the specific administrative position. Administrative jobs are available across all industries, so it’s important to make your resume specific to the industry and company, not just to the job title. For example, working in real estate requires a specific skill set, including scheduling showings, coordinating with agents, and communicating with potential buyers and lenders. Positions in other administrative fields will need to emphasize different skills.
- Don’t miss an opportunity to show off your attention to detail. Attention to detail in administrative jobs is a must. Don’t mess up by making careless errors on your resume. Even if you have an impressive work history, grammar and spelling errors make it evident that your attention to detail is lacking.
- Don’t sell yourself short on your accomplishments. Candidates for administrative jobs should tout their accomplishments to stand out in this competitive field. Show off your productivity skills by noting your lightning-fast typing speed and ability to use a multiline phone system.
- Don’t forget the enthusiasm. Because personality and friendliness matter in this field, feel free to show a little bit of yourself in your resume. Your professional summary at the top of your resume should convey your ambition and dedication to supporting staff members.
Consider These Skills for Your
One challenge for job seekers in the administrative field is tackling the applicant tracking system (ATS). Because administrative jobs exist across industries, the ATS, a system that automatically reviews resumes for specific keywords and phrases related to the role, is something candidates will likely encounter, especially at larger companies.
LiveCareer’s Resume Builder makes it easy for candidates to optimize their administrative resume for an ATS by suggesting specific details recruiters seek. Here are examples of some of the skills that our builder might recommend to help an administrative resume pass an ATS:
- Personable and friendly with staff and customers.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite.
- Positive attitude.
- Accurate and quick with data entry.
- Customer service skills.
- Strong writing and correspondence skills.
- Skilled with updating business social media pages.
- Understanding of digital filing systems.
- Ability to manage an appointment calendar.
Resume Success Stories
Statistics and Facts About Administrative Jobs
Popular Administrative Job Titles and Number of Workers
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Popular Industries That Employ Administrative
Staff and Number of Workers
|Banks and Finance|
|Retail Department and Discount Stores|
Highest and Lowest Pay by
Industry for Administrative Workers
|Oil and Gas Extraction|
Job Outlook by Job Title 2018–2028
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks|
Median Pay for Popular Job Titles
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks|
Race and Ethnicity Data for Administrative Workers
|Hispanic or Latino|
Gender Makeup of Administrative Jobs