Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
Write your statement using either sentences or bullet points, and make sure it’s concise but compelling. It should be no more than three sentences or bullet points and also contain the following details:
• Top two or three qualifications
• Your professional job title
• Particular accomplishments and traits
Use our senior accountant resume template for Word to write an intriguing summary statement. Here are a few examples.
• Senior accountant with more than 10 years’ experience in accounts administration
• Expertise in budget control, regulatory compliance, and bank reconciliation
• Management and supervisory background
Senior accountant with over 11 years of experience. Possesses multiple talents covering a variety of fiscal areas such as cost control principals, financial statements, auditing practices, and economic regulations.
Senior accountant recognized for excellent analytical abilities, decision-making expertise, and problem-solving skills. Strategic, reliable, capable of resolving long-term problems and influencing positive revenue.
Highly professional senior accountant with strong problem-solving capabilities. Able to coordinate, influence, and motivate team members to exceed goals and prepare for important audits.
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• List the most important qualities first.
• Incorporate six to eight skills that directly relate to the position.
• Keep skills general and save details for the work history and summary sections
Consider including items relevant to your experience from this list of top senior accountant skills:
• Detail-oriented, organized, and efficient professional with extensive accounting expertise
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Highly resourceful in completing projects and multitasking
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SAGE, and Oracle applications
• Trustworthy, dependable, ethical, and discreet
• Ability to present complex details in an easy-to-follow format
• Managing vendor invoices and renegotiating payment details with suppliers
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• Add between five and eight bullet points for each job description.
• Include metrics to make the position unique to the posting.
• Action verbs are best for describing accomplishments.
• Borrow keywords, phrases, and language from the position’s description.
• List company name, location, job title, and duration of employment.
Writing your own items is made easier when you follow some helpful examples like the following:
• Reduced timelines for facilitating monthly and annual financial statements, resulting in an increase in productivity by more than 25 percent.
• Developed and implemented systems to deliver balance sheets on time and on budget.
• Reduced outstanding accounts receivables by 40 percent, increasing customer relationships and cash flow.
• Trained staff accountants in accounts payables best practices processes and procedures, including preparation of income statements and balance sheets.
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• Start by listing your highest level of education and then continue chronologically.
• List all types of education, including certifications, training, and seminars.
• Don’t list your GPA on your resume unless you are a recent graduate.
Take a look at how these excellent education section examples are formatted for a senior accountant resume:
Master of Business Administration Ð 2010
Gonzaga University Ð Spokane, WA
Bachelor of Arts, Accounting Ð 2008
University of Washington Ð Seattle, WA
Certification: Certified Public Accountant Ð 2010
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Ð Durham, NC
Bachelor of Arts, Finance Ð 2006
University of Texas Ð Austin, TX
Certification: Certified Internal Auditor Ð 2008
Institute of Internal Auditors Ð Altamonte Springs, FL
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative