Business standard resume styles have evolved over the years, and while some classic elements remain in favor, a sleek modern profile typically has an advantage over a resume made in the 1990s. These contemporary resume template options can bring your document into the current era and ensure that you get the employer attention you need. These templates can also help you seem tech-savvy and in touch with your target hiring manager’s client base. They offer a visually appealing, readable, memorable format that brings your most relevant credentials to the center stage. They’re also easily scanned and uploaded by most current application tracking platforms.
Select a resume template and customize
Contemporary 1 Design
Our contemporary resume templates are a great way to create a sleek, modern look that’s perfect for creative jobseekers’or anyone looking for an eye-catching way to stand out. Choose any of the contemporary template designs below and use Resume Builder to create a customized resume that hiring managers will remember.
Resume Tips for Contemporary
Finding jobs as a contemporary takes a combination of the right mindset and certain job seeking skills. The tips below can help keep you on track during your job search.
1. Keen an open mind. While you might have a specific job in mind, staying open to all possibilities could increase the opportunities that come your way. Take time to evaluate all scenarios before setting your mind on a single job prospect.
2. Stay positive. Keeping a positive outlook will allow you to see this time of temporary unemployment as one of opportunity instead of a stressful situation.
3. Set goals for yourself. An effective way of breaking down the process is to set goals that can be achieved on a weekly or daily basis. One of these goals could be setting out a certain number of resumes per week.
4. Keep networking. Don’t hesitate to reach out to personal or professional contacts who could offer advice about a field or industry of interest. You never know where your next lead could come from.
5. Make use of social media. Network-building sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn can expand your list of contacts and also help your resume become more accessible to potential employers.
Contemporary Job Seeking Tips
Contemporary 1 Design
If you are looking for jobs as a contemporary, you want to make sure your resume offers an excellent first impression of you. Follow the do’s and don’ts listed below and keep your resume in top shape.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. Unless you are an academic or doctor who will be using curricula vitae (CVs), there is no need to write more than two pages. Keep your writing brief and concise.
2. Do use bullet points for listing items and align the text flush left. These two formatting standards will improve the clarity and readability of your text.
3. Don’t use generic language. Avoid the overly used expressions, such as “hard-working” and “team player,” as they won’t add much to your writing.
4. Do include a “Summary of Skills” section to introduce your work experience section. This gives the reader an at-a-glance view of your professional qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following recommended order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.