If you are looking for a versatile resume layout to use in your job search, then consider our American resume template. Thanks to a flexible structure, it is easy to adapt to any position.
In times when you are unsure what format to use, this template format provides a simple and professional style that most hiring managers appreciate. As you can see from the example, it has spaces to highlight your most applicable skills and greatest accomplishments in an easy to skim format.
Get started crafting a strong resume through customizing the American resume template today.
Select a resume template and customize
Tips for Personalizing Your American Resume Template
For each job posting, hundreds or even thousands of applicants apply. As hiring managers wade through these documents, they quickly assess each candidate to determine if they will add value to the team and/or company. Therefore, it is important to market yourself in an easy-to-skim format that highlights the reasons you are the perfect fit for the role and demonstrates your value. Review the following tips to discover how to create a stellar document when you use the American resume template that improves your chance of an interview.
1. Use the keywords from the job description. Most companies rely on applicant tracking software, or ATS, to screen through the majority of candidates. Therefore, you want to include important words and phrases culled from the posting so that you make it past the software.
2. Create a strong pitch for yourself. The summary statement provides space to develop your personal brand in a succinct manner that motivates the recruiter to keep reading your resume.
3. Avoid the temptation to exaggerate. Although it is essential to market yourself, you do not want to misrepresent your skills and accomplishments. Therefore, focus on providing fact-based statements that demonstrate your achievements without imbuing them with hyperbole or excessive adjectives.
4. Highlight your accomplishments. When you list your duties in the work experience section, be sure to include measurable accomplishments. Think about the impact you had on money, time, and/or other measurable entities that illustrates the value you added to your previous company.
5. Limit your use of special characters. Although it might be tempting to include special characters or charts in your resume, the ATS software will not pick them up. Therefore, stick with simple text, unless it is absolutely necessary or requested.
6. List your work experience and education in reverse chronological order. This ensures that the recruiter sees the most recent, which is most likely the most relevant, job and/or training first.