•Experienced and highly motivational project manager with 17+ years of success in software development.
•Excellent communicator skilled in strengthening relationships with business partners, peers and senior management and delivering interesting and meaningful presentations.
•Proven mentor, trainer and facilitator of large teams developing and supporting critical systems.
•Skilled at successfully leading teams through the transition from waterfall to agile development methodology.
•Led my team through a multi-million dollar development effort to overhaul the mail assignment system for the Postal Service. Tracked progress to ensure project milestones were completed on time, on budget and with the desired results. Helped my team implement Agile by using Scrum to manage the project This project will save the postal service 3.7 million dollars per year in support and maintenance costs.
•Selected to be Engagement Champion for the USPS St. Louis Solutions Center. Tasked with increasing participation in employee surveys. Used the results of the surveys to create an action plan for addressing employee concerns. Tracked tasks in the action plan to make sure the center's goals are met and regularly updated the center manager on progress.
•Chaired a committee focused on improving communication at all levels in the Postal Service. Set up a Twitter account to increase visibility to potential new-hires. Implemented BlueShare site to publish weekly staff meeting minutes in an effort to improve transparency. Coordinated an effort to get a virtual bulletin board to allow easier communication between teams/employees (in progress).
•Became a certified Franklin Covey 7 Habits Foundations Instructor. Held monthly training sessions with 16-20 people per session to teach the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People to all employees.
Manager (03/2009 - Present)
Responsible for managing a team of software developers that write software to support the Postal Service's billion-dollar transportation network.
• Establish priorities for the team
• Work with business owners to determine requirements
• Manage resources within the team – including allocating work, training, funding, and handling personnel issues.
• Facilitate team meetings to help foster an environment of transparency and communication/collaboration.
• Act as proxy product owner for the business owners when they are unavailable
• Mentor, inspire, and motivate my team to be as happy and productive as possible
Consultant/Programmer/Analyst (06/1998 - 03/2009):
Responsible for analysis, programming, and support of the projects for the Sure Money team.
• Coding changes to the application requested by Sure Money customer
• Analysis of the application changes needed for expansion of the Sure Money product - programming and design issues, as well as development environment configuration
• Resolve production problems and serve as the primary point of contact for Sure Money help desk
• Mentor programmers to help them become familiar with the application and programming languages
• Coordinate testing efforts
Development work for USPS projects:
• Converted Websphere MQ programs from C++ to Java using JMS for MQ interface (Java, C++, RAD)
• Converted Java application from ACF2 user validation to Active Directory authentication (Java, RAD, WAS)
• Installed and configured UPU STEFI software for interface to foreign postal partners
Worked on conversion of Java programs to Struts framework (RAD, Oracle, SQL)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: