Accomplished Banking Management professional with over 25 years of experience in developing profitable relationships and delivering exceptional results in Retail and Commercial Banking. Strong leader with skills to develop, coach and motivate staff.
Manage Cash Management sales team of four in the Long Island Market. Plan and execute sales budget, develop strong relationships with line partners and actively assist in managing portfolio of commercial customers.
• Successfully led the sales team and over 300 Cash Management customers through the merger and conversion of Suffolk County National Bank to Peoples United Bank.
• Develop and implement annual strategic plan to achieve sales, cross-sell and retention goals.
• Serve as primary contact and expert, representing the Long Island market for Commercial and Business Banking. Educate and update commercial teams to cross-sell cash management services and partner to enhance the customer relationship.
• Manage the Request for Proposal process; determine acceptable requests, negotiate rates and fees and ensure the response is accurate, timely, comprehensive and will optimize profitability.
• Participate in treasury, payments and business services forums, conferences and networking events to remain informed of current industry developments.
• Inspire, develop and coach the sales team to maximize potential and ensure success.
SUFFOLK COUNTY NATIONAL BANK 2007 to 2017
Director, Cash Management and Deposit Services 2016 to 2017
Selected by Senior Leadership to develop and enhance Cash Management sales and product line. Led sales effort to increase commercial deposits through increased use of Cash Management services for current and prospective clients. Increased deposits by 10%.
• Successfully converted and retained 300 Cash Management customers through conversion to new core operating system.
• Managed and serviced portfolio of over 1600 accounts, with $482MM deposits.
• Partnered with commercial lending and branch management teams to build new client relationships.
• Directed staff through RFP process by assessing customer needs, executing cost benefit analysis, negotiating pricing to optimize profitability.
• Developed market plan and executed tactics to support overall sales goals and the banks strategic initiatives.
• Created annual departmental budget, reconciled variances and oversaw expenditures.
• Led, coached and developed team of 3 sales professionals.
First Vice President, Branch Manager 2007 to 2015
Managed the two largest branches, including the flagship branch with over $300MM in Core Deposits. Led branch-based new business development, with responsibility for branch profitability and operational efficiency.
• Executed a strategic sales plan to meet/exceed assigned sales goals with consistent double-digit growth in Commercial Deposits and Fee Income.
• Led cross-selling activities with existing/prospective customers, partnering with all business lines.
• Consistently increased branch efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
• Prepared branch budget.
• Managed, coached and trained branch staff.
• Represented the bank in community and professional associations as a member and in leadership roles.
Responsible for the development, cultivation, and management of the Small Business program in 16 Branches in Eastern Suffolk. Develop growth strategies and streamlined processes to achieve/exceed revenue goals.
• Booked $4MM in commercial loans, 40 new Business accounts with balances totaling $3.5MM in a six-month period.
• Achieved individual and region goals for lending (115%) and deposit liability (120%).
• Worked with Branch/Regional Managers to identify opportunities through proactive sales support, consultative activities and partnering. Developed and executed sales plans for all branches.
• Coached and trained branch in building quality, profitable small business relationship through in–branch training and extensive joint customer calls.
The Bank of New York 1993 to 2006
Rose from Management Trainee to positions of increased responsibility culminating in the Regional Sales Management of the Eastern Suffolk Region in the Long Island/Queens Division
Regional Sales Manager, Vice President 2003 to 2006
Responsible for managing internal and external sales development and profitability of 20 Branches with
over $700MM in core deposits in Eastern Suffolk
• Coached, trained and managed sales force of over 200 employees with emphasis on core deposits, investments and commercial loans.
• Developed, implemented and monitored various sales programs leading to double digit growth in investments and commercial loans.
• Region ranked #1 of 16 in 2004 due to execution of aggressive sales culture.
• Managed incentive program and evaluate performance of all sales staff.
• Coordinated and executed extensive outside calling efforts and business development, in conjunction with various departments of the bank, focused on relationship building.
• Conducted numerous training seminars on Investments, Sales Skills, and Business Development.
• Assisted in preparation of budget and presentation of strategic plan annually.
• Involved in all aspects of employee and customer relations.
• Participated in the development of Quarterly Divisional Meetings. Develop and present Powerpoint presentations to 100+ Branch Managers to deliver creative promotions to increase sales opportunities and growth
• Served on Business Development Task force reporting directly to Senior Management
Division Group Banking Sales Manager, Vice President 2002 to 2003
Managed the "Bank at Work" program for 102 Branches in the LI /Queens Division
• Developed and Implemented training for Branch Managers
• Identified and developed Group Banking Relationship Leads
• Managed and executed on-sites at various corporate locations
• Maximized Business relationships by Increasing Group Banking sales in the Division by 40% over previous year
Branch Manager, Vice President 1998 to 2002 Responsible for the business development, profitability and operational efficiency of $50MM branch located in Riverhead
• Consistently exceeded sales goals through extensive community involvement and strong sales culture
• Managed, coached and trained staff of 12
• Branch ranked #1 of 20 in 2001 and 2002 by exceeding sales goals in Commercial Loans (109%); Business transaction accounts (114%) and Investments (142%)
• Selected to Chair the Investment Task Force and Business Development Task Force
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: