Multi-talented Social Worker with over 5.5+ years experience in healthcare consistently recognized for success in planning and operational improvements. Motivational leader with top-notch communication, organizational skills, and strategic planning abilities. Experience in positively impacting overall morale and productivity. Excellent reputation for resolving problems, improving customer satisfaction, and driving overall operational improvements.
- Coordinate and assess daily workload of support staff (Chaplains, Social Worker, Bereavement and Volunteer Coordinators) by monitoring work hours, on call time and employee vacation time.
- Responsible for ensuring patient care visits are made and in compliance with federal/state/accrediting body regulations and current standards of practice and tracking compliance through QAPI data entry for a census of more than 180 patients.
- Execute competency reviews for new hires and annual staff as well as performance reviews for all support staff.
- Collaborate with the Clinical and Executive Director in managing the St. Louis office and ensuring good communication with corporate team.
- Facilitate monthly staff meetings to strengthen teamwork.
- Boost effectiveness of department and morale by actively listening to staff challenges and improving work conditions.
- Assist with the interview process and orientation process of new hires.
- Collect monthly data from support staff team and submit to Executive Director.
- Coordinate monthly support group meetings for all employees to increase peer engagement and morale.
- Participate in and supervise support staff that are participating in weekly interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Act independently and responsibly to perform all job duties on a consistent basis.
- Submit payroll data for the team and participate in finance meetings relating to the site.
- Manage a caseload of palliative and hospice patients.
- Assessed and documented patient/families social, emotional, financial and psychological needs.
- Provided interventions for individuals/families with emphasis on behavior management, coping skills and psychosocial behaviors.
- Coordinated communication with Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner, Medical Director and other members of the Palliative team.
- Provided assessments and visits to individuals in Long Term Care facilities, private residences, hospitals and other areas in which the patient resides.
- Assisted patient/family with establishing DNR, advance directives and/or DPOA or Healthcare proxy.
- Assisted patient/family in obtaining necessary community resources.
- Performed patient registrations, obtained required signatures on all documents and consents.
- Performed discharge planning from Palliative Care and assisting in Hospice admission process.
- Participated in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Established and evaluated the effectiveness of a patient's plan of care.
- Made necessary changes in assignments to compensate for changing and emergent situations.
- Provided ongoing counseling to help patients deal with conditions and processes.
- Assessed and arranged patient placement such as Long Term Care facility, Assisted Living Facilities and respite as directed by patient/family needs.
- Planned Gift of a Day events for patients.
- Worked necessary on-call rotation shifts.
- Independently developed and maintained a strategic plan in order to meet all volunteer needs.
- Recruited and trained new volunteers on volunteer program goals and objectives.
- Planned, implemented and documented ongoing volunteer recruitment, retention and program development efficiently.
- Ensured volunteers provided a minimum of administrative and/or direct patient care services in an amount that, at minimum, equals the mandatory five percent of the total patient care hours of all hospice employees.
- Created contacts with community organizations to obtain commitments to support volunteer program through contributions and volunteer hours
- Planned annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Provided support to Gift of a Day program.
- Assessed and developed individualized bereavement plan of care for caregivers and offered supportive services available.
- Completed detailed documentation of bereavement visits, telephone calls, and/or contact made with the patient or caregiver.
- Planned and facilitated annual memorial services for the bereaved.
- Facilitated Grief Recovery classes and multiple support groups (Caregivers of Dementia, open discussion groups, workplace workshops & Cinematherapy workshops).
- Certificate of Gerontology 2015
- Certified Grief Recovery Specialist 2015-Present
- Real Estate License 2018-Present
- First Aid/CPR Certified
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: