Versatile Senior Manager who assure strategic vision and tactical direction to deliver effective solutions that solve complex business problems and drive bottom line results. Ensure continuous improvement and development of strategies, future vision, plans, processes, and systems that provide competitive advantage for the success of the company.
Specialized in Portfolio, Project/Program Management, Vendor Management, Organizational planning, Resource Management and skilled at planning, implementing and overseeing key improvements to drive business growth and efficiency.
Proven skills in enhancing productivity, efficiency and bottom-line profits with forward-thinking leadership. Bringing 10+ years of experience in field and ready to take on challenging, growth-oriented role.
At Caleres, as Leader of Strategic Governance Office I am responsible for Portfolio Management, Program/Project Management and Vendor Management Office. I provide leadership across all Caleres technology platforms, with responsibility for developing and implementing Information Technology (IT) strategy for company's Wholesale, Retail, eCommerce, and Corporate teams.
As Portfolio Manager –
1. I manage IT portfolio of $20M YOY, by providing strategic vision and tactical direction to deliver effective solutions that solve complex business problems and drive bottom line results.
2. Ensure continuous improvement and development of strategies, future vision, plans, processes, and systems that provide competitive advantage for three retail Omni-Channel divisions with retail stores, eCommerce, and mobile competencies.
3. Plan and drive IT Capital and Expense budgeting effort starting with sustainability investments to strategic short terms and long term initiatives.
4. I drive high-level resource management effort across IT, to keep constant pulse on bottleneck resources, supply and demand, and to plan for sequenced delivery.
5. I drive Continuous Improvement steering committee with IT and business executives to evaluate proposed and ongoing projects based on value, risk, effort, cost and strategic alignment.
6. I drive monthly Capital Commitment Committee, comprised of CEO, CIO, CFO and division Finance executive, to pitch project ideas and request budget approvals.
7. I drive monthly IT Strategic Framework scorecard to align and ensure that we are operating within our acceptable bandwidth / defined KPI's
As leader of Program / Project Management office
1. In an effort to adapt quickly to the new conditions in the customer driven marketplace, I championed and lead the Agile transformation across IT, starting In 2017, and established the framework and governance needed for the success of this methodology.
2. Built the Project / Program management Office from ground up and established guidelines, framework and centralized management structure for Project Managers and Department teams to adhere to.
3. Currently leading key strategic initiatives to transform Caleres' digital capability and maturity through significant investment in world-class story telling and experience-based commerce (eCommerce re-platform) for our 13 eCommerce websites, including FamousFootwear, Naturalizer and Sam Edelman.
4. Lead Retail Omni-Channel strategy development, and the three-year plan that delivered significant business and customer capabilities while growing digital sales more than 30% and enabling $15M+ in operating profit improvement through large-scale system implementations.
5. Championed the Modernization of our Datacenter by moving to Hybrid cloud solution. This effort lead to more agility and reduced architecture complexity, lead to 40% reduction in floor space and 85% reduction in power and cooling, and reduced our IT operating cost by 20%.
6. Lead a $50M Automation investment effort of our two Wholesale Distribution centers to enable the capabilities to process 100K loose pairs per day be in par with the future projection of loose pair processing which was estimated to be >50% of the total volume by 2020
I lead and mentor Project Management team of 6. In my leadership the PMO Office at Caleres not only serves the IT efforts, but also provides Program Management expertise and leadership to non-IT business functions across the organization.
As a leader of Vendor Management Office
1. Devised a budget process that examines the organization's priorities, and I use it to produce an accurate, balanced budget for the upcoming fiscal year in an effort to keep control of the organization's finances. $50M+ YOY.
2. Lead the effort of rationalizing our vendor portfolio to optimize spending and improve performance by eliminating transactional and under performing vendors and increase the footprint of strategic partners.
3. Lead the Acquisition Due Diligence effort of Allend Edmon, Vionic, and Blow fish into Caleres, by analyzing and providing a strategic roadmap of systems integration and procurement integration opportunities.
4. Established an efficient Vendor performance Management processes with a balances scorecard to ensure the reliability, quality and performance of our vendors and the services provided.
All of the above resulted in the reduction of 15 Transactional vendors, established 4 strategic partners, which resulted in an operating savings of $3M+ in 2019. I lead a Vendor Management team of 3.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: