Experienced Team lead with over 10 years of experience in Engineering,Data Analysis and Manufacturing costs. Excellent reputation for resolving problems, improving customer satisfaction, and driving overall operational improvements.
Consistently saved costs with Increased quality efficiencies
Enthusiastic and always eager to contribute to team success through hard work, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Motivated to learn, grow and excel in challenging situations
Multi-talented in manufacturing,procurement and engineering backgrounds and consistently rewarded for success in planning and operational improvements.
Should Cost Modeling Team Lead - PSLD RPM
Led Should cost modeling team(6 resources in India) for RPM project, with an average savings result of 12% of the spend($2.5Bn)
- Sets Priority and develops Timeline based on Complexity/Spend etc.
- Support and make sure the resources are clear on the deliverables to meet the targets
- Coordinated between the team and Coaches to make sure the expectations are clear while working on PSLD Transformation
- Should cost data template training was provided to all the cross functional teams to ensure all supplier process was captured to avoid rework
- Review the results with the category teams to make sure everyone is aligned with the deliverables
- Guide India team to develop expertise in communicating the data with the procurement teams and to make sure the Facts around the should cost analysis is well explained
- Monitor/track project milestones and deliverables
- Submit project reports to senior management
Factpack Analyst - E&T RPM
- Worked in “Project RPM” which is a joint submission with IPSD, LPSD and GSND. Over the course of two years, this global team closed 200+ supplier negotiations representing $3.5B of spend, 50+ product teardowns leading to thousands of cost reduction ideas and weekly governance meetings to drive decision making.
- Provided extensive Support on this project by delivering Fact packs which is the intense analysis on several suppliers and products which delivered 10% material cost reductions.
- For Idea Generation of the new cost reduction projects and also to help developing the strategy, developed Fact pack Analysis for several Product Families like Front Housings, Flywheel Housings, Front Supports, Valve Covers, Oil and Fuel Filter Bases, Pulleys, Oil Pans by creating a portfolio of the product comparing LCP verses other Suppliers using LPP Analysis, Clean Sheet (Should cost) Savings and Quotes data for the particular category by grouping similar design/Material/Castings.
- Set up Obeya meetings with the Engineering and Global Purchasing to push the ideas/projects to get executed
- Developed Fact packs for Suppliers Global Precision, Walker Die Castings and Quality Metal Products(QMP) by Collaborating with Purchasing and Engineering to enhance material cost reduction and to drive common IPSD cost reduction programs
- Analyzed Top Part Numbers by spend, Spend by Category/Scope and should cost analysis for RPM Negotiations and also Opportunities with Resourcing using the Quotes.
- Responsible to work closely with internal and external cross-functional teams (employees from design, manufacturing, Purchasing across global teams) in trade off discussions to balance performance, quality, velocity, and cost.
Engineer/Cost Reduction07/2012- 02/2014
Industrial Engines (L5)
L5 Industrial Engines team
- As an L5 Engineer, Structured the Process by updating the projects on day to day basis, making sure to capture every single opportunity by working with each team member closely by having One on one discussions every month to update and execute projects efficiently and on time. Worked with cross-functional teams (Components team, Global Purchasing, Cost Reduction Management) to ensure the successful completion of the projects.
- Prepared project proposals, including cost estimates, schedules and project specifications.
- Reviewed project goals and objectives on monthly basis with project manager and design team
-Used Pro-E Software to draft assemblies, models and other technical drawings.
- Achieved $2.8M Savings while working in L5 Industrial Engines group when the Goal Target was $1.25M Fiscal savings/avoidance in the year 2013
- Other responsibilities Include Notices (Drawing, status, Cancellation) in Team Center, BOM changes for Price Lists, creating Virtual models and provided Pro/E support.
- PAINT/NO PAINT: Created Documents/PDF's for Paint Vs Non-painted surfaces for Cat parts to specify the surfaces which have a Note A spec /machined surfaces don't need Paint at those Locations.
- DXF PRINTS: Created several DXF files for CAT print generation.
- MIXER ASSEMBLY: Revised the Production Release Mixer element for 12, 13, 14 inches respectively.
- SLIPFIT DESIGN: Started doing a Design study to determine the feasibility of incorporating a slip fit on the DOC inlet and outlet ends for the T4I 10, 12, 13 Inch DOC-DPF assemblies. Started Revising GD&T for 10, 12, 13 Inch PIN and SLOT and then added SLIPFIT per earlier design study.
- INSULATION: Created Insulations for the End cans in the DOC-DPF Assemblies. Created the Flat and the formed states for the insulations.
- GD&T: Created the GD&T Templates for updating all the drawings for DOC-DPF, INLET-DOC, DPF, OUTLET, SCR, and NORMA FLANGE with the latest industry standards of ASME Y14.5.
- NON-CAD DRAWINGS: Created several Non-Cad Drawings for CAT Prints in order to store the data of the customer.
- TRAINING: Had gone through the “SURFACING TRAINING “in a CAT Facility.
- Created various concept models using Pro/E Wildfire and modeled various assembled components.
- Converted IGES Steering Column models into Pro-E Geometries.
- Created detail drawings using Pro/E to ensure production adhering to the customer's specifications
- Created Exploded Views, Title Blocks and Bill of Materials using Pro/E.
- Main function is to maintain assemblies and assist with design and develop detail drawings using Pro/E Wildfire.
- PROGRESS RAIL: Designed a LATCH for an Enclosure background in a Locomotive using Pro/E.
- CATALYST CAB: Designed a Bracket for mounting the Steering Column in Catalyst Cab. The position of the steering column is at an angle so, the design of the bracket that is used to mount the steering column was critical.
- NAUTILUS CAB: Shrinked the size of the Slider-Mechanism to fit in the Nautilus Cab so as to achieve the movement of the Joystick.
- RESISTOR: Designed several Brackets using Sheet Metal for a Resistor in a Locomotive. After designing, assembled all these into the Resistor using several Pro/E options like patterns, die, punch etc.
- CASE NEW HOLLAND (CASE): Detailed Complete CAB Assembly of 580 SM, 590 SM+ CAB UNITS for the CASE Client. While Detailing made sure to incorporate all the material specs, applicable standards etc in the drawings.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: