Driven Database Developer with 0ver 6 years of proven success designing and implementing database solutions. Analytical and skilled in understanding business problems to develop systems that improve functionality. Talented at working effectively in collaborative and self-motivated environments.
-Perform and Monitor daily tasks such as Backups & Restores, maintenance jobs, handling developers' requests and user's permissions etc.
- Configure/setup Server Properties like Memory Options, Database parameter Settings etc.
- Checking Database Consistency/health by using DBCC &Commands DMVs at regular intervals.
- Schedule and monitor maintenance activities including database consistency checks and index fragmentation.
- Configure Database Maintenance Plans for Backups, Re-indexing, and Reorganization of Indexes, Cleanup History, and Update Statistics.
- Rebuilding indexes with different fill factors and updating statistics.
- Relocation/migration of Databases from one server to another using attach and detach database tasks or backup and restore.
-Maintained complex T-SQL queries, views and stored procedures in multi-database environment with little supervision.
-Developed, updated and organized databases to handle customer data
-Tested programs and databases to identify issues and make necessary modifications.
-Set up and controlled user profiles and access levels for each database segment to protect important data.
-Created and implemented database designs and data models.
-Modified existing databases to meet unique needs and goals determined during initial evaluation and planning process.
-Built useful reporting deliverables to properly document analysis results and provide performance improvement feedback.
-Followed standard practices for migrating changes to test and production environments and provided technology support to meet business requirements.
-Administered, supported and monitored databases by proactively resolving database issues and maintaining servers.
- Developed and implemented security initiatives to protect important company data.
-Installed SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 in both Standalone VM's and Physical clusters server to support multiple business applications
-Configuration of database mirroring Always on Availability Group
- SQL Server Database Performance scalability and indexing
- Database Replication and data synchronization among multiple servers
- Worked as part of a project to provide DBA support from VM spin off/ installation/configuration/administration of SQL Servers for new applications (begin to end support).
- Experience in planning for the backup and recovery strategy to meet the business SLA's for RTO & RPO using SQL native backups tools to schedule (FULL, DIFF, translog backups) and other third-party tools like Fog Light (Monitoring tool) and Litespeed (Backup tool).
- Developed a few reports using MS SQL Reporting Services.
- Develops, plans, and establishes database performance baselines.
-Assessed customer needs and goals through communication and system evaluations to modify existing databases for personalized customization.
-Tested and modified databases to determine and correct issues.
- Specified user access levels for each database segment to protect database integrity and company information.
- Communicated with data architects, programmers and engineers to keep projects on track.
-SQL Server Stored Procedure Design and implementation skills.
- Coordinated ongoing performance assurance for software applications and automated performance test scripts.
- Identified opportunities for process improvements to decrease in support calls.
- Delivered good number projects per year with consistent record of meeting timeline, scope and budget requirements.
- Working with Maximo Change Request (Any changes in Production database need to Create Maximo Tickets this should be approved by Global DBA team after changes made in stage and development environment).
-Worked successfully with diverse group of coworkers to accomplish goals and address issues related to our products and services.
- Prioritized and organized tasks to efficiently accomplish service goals.
-Developed business continuity programs, procedures and contingency plans based on risk approach and proposed solutions to monitor, evaluate and enable resolution of safety and continuity of operations compliance.
-Worked closely with the development team for performance enhancements, code reviews and provided vital inputs in terms of index optimization, schema structures, data changes, file layouts etc.
- Extracted data from various sources like SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/2017, Oracle, Teradata, .CSV, Excel and Text file from Client servers and through FTP.
- Prepared and submitted positions and information response to enable business to maintain critical operations in event of major disruptions.
- Identified business functions and information systems to maintain recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Improved operations by working with team members and customers to find workable solutions.
- Exceeded customer satisfaction by finding creative solutions to problems.
- Providing 24/7 support for critical production databases
- Providing Primary DBA responsibilities for around 100 applications.
- Migrated the SQL Server 2005/2008R2 to SQL Server 2014/16.
- Provisioning AWS EC2 instances and managing databases running in the cloud
- Maintaining 400+ SQL Servers with multiple instances in different environments (RTE, DEV, Pre-prod and Production) and proficiency in deploying new code base release to UAT and Production Environments.
- Hands-on experience with Installation/Troubleshooting, Managing and Configuration of MS SQL Server2017/2016/ 2014/2012/2008R2/ 2008/ 2005 in standalone and cluster environments and applying service packs, hotfixes and cumulative updates.
- Implementation of automated jobs for database backup on a weekly and monthly basis, based on the volatile nature of database tables and indexes.
- Troubleshooting and resolving day-to-day issues such as job failures, transactional log issues, blocking and deadlock issues, permission issues etc.
- Migration, creation and configuration of databases based on the specifications sent by the client and meet the SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Administering database security by creating logins, users, groups and managing roles and privileges assigned to them. Also, used database auditing in auditing for suspicious database activities.
- Implemented TDE on some critical database and database table with sensitive data to adhere with SOX and PCI compliance.
- Experience and work as part of a team of DBA's to do monthly test of backups and restore and perform DR drilling scenarios.
- Work on a project to review all server instances brings them update with service packs and also upgraded most of old and legacy applications running on older versions to support SQL Server 2014.
- Rebuilding / monitoring the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Created proper Indexes on different tables that improve the performance of T-SQL queries on the database.
- Using TSQL for developing stored procedures to enhance the performance of the database system.
- Recovering the databases from backup in disasters. Implementing Point-In-Time Recovery solutions.
- Configured log shipping, database mirroring (Synchronous & Asynchronous) and replication (transactional and snapshot) for synchronization of databases.
- Worked extensively on Extraction, Transformation, loading data from Oracle, DB2, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML using DTS, SSIS. Created and deployed various reports using SSRS.
- Used SSIS jobs for importing data from the flat files that brings the data to the application tables.
- Monitoring SQL server performance to find deadlocks and blocking to improve the performance.
- Creation of logins, roles, assigning permissions and mapping users as per the client's request.
- Analyzing database health and consistency by using DBCC Commands and DMVs
-Environment: Microsoft Windows Server 32/64 bit, DB2 10.5/11.1 Linux, IBM Data Studio, Windows Enterprise Server 2012/2014, SSIS, SSRS, PowerShell ISE, .NET, TSQL, SQL Server Enterprise Edition 2014.
· Database Installation and configurations
· Microsoft SQL
· SQL Server database troubleshooting and query optimization
· Performing HA/DR techniques - Always On, Clustering, mirroring and Always on Availability Group
· Data conversion and migration
· Database administration
· SQL Server Database Performance scalability and indexing
· Databases upgrading from lower to latest versions/migration/patching
· Continuous process improvement
· Replication and data synchronization among multiple servers
· Replication and data synchronization among multiple servers
· Experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
· Experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: