Driven Registered Nurse with 12 years of experience in providing individualized patient care; with a background in cardiopulmonary practice at Piedmont Atlanta Healthcare and advanced medical-surgical practice at Southside Hospital, Northwell Healthcare Trauma II Center. I maintain a strong reputation for achieving high levels of patient satisfaction and care. My experience extends to a high level of proficiency and expertise in leadership as a charge nurse, preceptor and mentor; vented and trached patients; telemetry; cardiac and pulmonary care; end-of-life procedure and treatment; chemo provision; seizure monitoring and treatment; isolation precautions; and post-operative and geriatric care and treatment. I am proven in leadership to increase and enhance patient satisfaction and streamlining safety protocols for comprehensive patient care.
• Maintained the highest levels of patient satisfaction, generating referrals to maintain productivity levels for the rehabilitation unit.
• Coordinated and implemented in-service educational programs focusing on safety and adherence to protocols.
• Reported patients' status and delegated nurse assignments to achieve optimal outcomes.
• Diagnosed and treated patients with chronic and acute health problems such as MI, arrhythmias, asthma, COPD, pneumonia, pulmonary hypertension and end-stage renal failure.
• Provided complete care to patients, including physical assessments, medication and IV administration and chronic disease management.
• Advised caregivers and family members in providing emotional and psychological care.
• Informed patients on disease prevention techniques and interventions.
• Effectively communicated with physicians to deliver information to patients on test results, treatment option and recommended procedures.
• Managed patient admissions, transfers and discharges while assigning tasks and handling conflicts or issues.
• Served as a nurse mentor, preceptor and relief charge for new nurses and supporting team members.
• Communicated with patients regarding diagnoses, disease management and treatment plans.
• Cared for patients in a 42-bed unit, supporting fellow nurses in delivering outstanding treatment to patients.
• Equipped patients with the tools needed for speedy and sustained recovery.
• Contributed substantially to successful department JCAHO accreditation.
• Review post-operative orders and continuously monitored patients' post-operative vitals, set up PCA and fluids and oriented patients to unit to achieve optimal outcomes.
• Managed care of vented and trached patients; including coordinating care with interdisciplinary teams regarding step-down unit procedures.
• Served as a preceptor and charge nurse to new nurses and supporting peers and team.
• Managed and coordinated care for patients receiving chemo; seizure monitoring; COPD, diabetes, hypertension, asthma and pneumonia.
• Coordinated End-of-life and post-mortem care.
• Acted efficiently in patient emergencies such as code blues and rapid response situations.
• Directed staff of 50 personnel and coordinated patient care with in-house physicians.
• Demonstrated ability to assess risk and respond to issues appropriately.
• Identified problems and proposed solutions to management team.
• Provided instruction, coaching and motivation to all employees during the shift.
• Communicated clear expectations and goals to each team member.
• Coordinated patients appointments and discharges; and discussed educated patients on lab results and testing.
Licensed Registered Nurse BLS/ACLS certified
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: