I am an experienced, compassionate Certified Nursing Assistant adept at bathing, grooming and feeding elderly and disabled patients. I am also familiar with advanced medical terminology and procedures.I am an experienced Emergency Medical Technician who is familiar with basic EMT standards and skills, familiar with taking vitals, documenting patient records, and determining scene safety. I am also an experienced AWANA Assistant who enjoys assisting children to learn, have fun, prepares snacks, cleans, and assist with traveling from one destination to another. I am currently an experienced Federal Work Study Student, who regularly helps tutor students, organizes and cleans the facility, helps students with projects, enjoys working with people, and enjoys learning. I am a Server with over three years of fine dining experience. I am an experienced, hardworking Prep Cook with two years of experience in a high-volume restaurant. I am an experienced Hostess, professional with strong leadership and relationship-building skills.
• Answered telephone calls.
• Assigned patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation.
• Assisted serving tables.
• Baked, roasted, broiled, and steamed meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
• Checked temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, and heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
• Cleaned and inspected kitchen appliances and work areas.
• Cleaned and organized eating, service, and kitchen areas.
• Cleaned and sterilized equipment and facilities.
• Trained kitchen staff on proper use of equipment, food handling, and portion sizing.
• Responsible for preparation of menu items .
• Responsible for the production and plating of desserts.
• Filled beverage and ice dispensers
• Greeted each customer with friendly eye contact.
• Helped with preparation, set-up, and service for rush hours.
• Inspected restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and cleaned restrooms when necessary.
• Performed all transactions in a cordial, efficient and professional manner.
• Portioned, arranged, and garnished food, and served food to guest.
• Stocked, organized, and cleaned kitchens and cooking utensils.
• Swept and scrubbed floors.
• Took food orders and relayed orders to kitchen.
• Trained new employees.
• Monitored food preparation and serving techniques to ensure that proper procedures were followed.
• Relayed food orders to cooks.
• Displayed enthusiasm and knowledge about the restaurant's menu and products.
• Followed all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage to uphold proper health standards.
• Set dining tables according to type of event and service standards.
• Diligently informed kitchen staff of customer concerns, recook orders and dish availability.
• Quickly recorded transactions in MICROS system to deliver prompt service.
• Routinely cleaned work areas, glassware and silverware throughout each shift.
• Immediately reported accidents, injuries or unsafe work conditions to manager and completely and promptly filled out required safety forms.
• Developed and maintained positive working relationships with others to reach business goals.
• Demonstrated genuine hospitality while greeting and establishing rapport with guests.
• Attended meetings to prepare upcoming promotions and new regulations.
• Rectified guest complaints quickly and efficiently.
•Answered phone called, solved problems, and provided new and important information about the college and courses.
•Restocked documents and helped with inventory.
•Directed calls to appropriate individuals and departments.
•Organized store merchandise racks by size, style and color to promote visually appealing environment.
•Designed displays to make the Center feel professional and reassuring.
•Learned, referenced, and applied knowledge information.
•Acted professionally and patiently when addressing negative customer feedback.
•Managed high call volume with tact and professionalism.
•Distributed mail to the appropriate personnel.
•Was in charge of Cyber Cafe and helped any patron that needed assistance.
•Filed paperwork and organized computer-based information.
•Organized anything and everything in the center that required organization.
•Multi-tasked to keep all assigned projects running effectively and efficiently.
•Kept the facility cleaned, reported damages, and assisted ordering new products for classrooms.
•Encouraged students to persevere with challenging tasks.
•Ordered necessary supplies and parts to repair malfunctioning hardware for computers.
•Advised students on course selection, progress toward graduation and career decisions.
•Created curriculum and planned course content and methods of instruction for tutoring.
•Attended community and campus events.
•Tutored in different types of English courses, Time Management, Information Technology, and Study Skills.
•Answered phone calls and took messages when tutors or supervisor were unavailable to answer.
•Was in charge of keeping the facility cleaned.
•Helped students with printing, scanning, and projects.
•Show students how to use applications such as Microsoft Word, Power-point, and Excel.
•English and Journalism coursework
•Participated in Air Force JROTC for four semesters
•Was Color Guard Commander and Public Affairs Officer in JROTC
•Gave speeches at important events such as the Memorial Day Ceremony
•Wrote and published news letters for JROTC
•Bread Box Boxing Volunteer
•Played Varsity Soccer (10 years experience)
•Prom Committee Member
•Obtained Student of the Month Award
•Participated in major projects such as the Horse Rescue
• Completed courses for the Associate of Arts and Sciences
• English and Journalism coursework
• Sociology coursework
• Treasure and Co-secretary of the Transfer Club
• Secretary of the Empowered Women's Organization
• Member of the Human Services Club
• Member of the Phi Theta Kappa
• Member of Student Ambassadors
• Volunteered at the Comprehensive Learning Lab before being hired.
• Participated in Club Activities such as Club Day, Club Game Day, and the Pink Power Celebration.
• Attended and supported events at the college
• 3.8 Current GPA
• Continuing education in Human Services
JROTC (Public Affairs Officer and Color Guard Commander )
Transfer Club (Treasure and Co-Secretary)
Empowered Women Organization (Secretary)
Human Services Club
Phi Theta Kappa
Comprehensive Learning Lab (Volunteered)
Microsoft Programs (Word, Power-point, Excel)
Extensive Interpersonal Skills
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: