Senior capital project development, design & manufacturing support engineer continuously ranked in the top quintile at ExxonMobil with capital project management and industrial process design experience on capital projects up to $100M. Capable of handling a high work load and balancing multiple projects at once while still delivering high quality work on time.
Led $80M grassroot capital project from design, development, and execution through start-up by serving as the Lead process design, HAZOP lead, EPC engineering design manager, field engineer, start-up engineer, and systems turnover manager.
· Continuously challenged design to deliver $11M capital efficiency; optimized metallurgy and spare equipment, challenged vendor provided skids, rationalized internal design standards, redesigned plot area, and mitigated >$250k/day opex by optimizing flow path without facility modifications
· Lead commissioning and performance verification during start-up, development of performance test and acceptance plans, Operations procedure development, technical training, transient HAZOPs, and systems turnover to ensure safe and timely start-up.
· Managed vendor relationship, execution contractor safety performance, and construction oversight, developed and implemented management of change procedures, punch list tracking, and led pre-startup safety reviews of systems
· Served as technical project manager throughout the project - frequently worked with internal and external business partners, contractors, and vendors to optimize performance, mitigate efficiency issues, and resolve day to day conflicts throughout construction and start up - mitigated 4 month delay by providing alternative design to eliminate environmental regulation conflict
Lead process designer on 10+ capital projects - $70M portfolio delivering $9M in capital efficiency. Responsible for development and design of projects to reduce operating expenses, provide margin production benefits, and mitigate safety findings: FEED deliverables, equipment sizing, risk assessments, MOC, and HAZOPs
· Responsible for overall design, development and tracking of cost/schedule, mitigation of compressed schedules, and development of deviation and change control procedures
· Continuously challenged investment requirement; lead re-risk assessment efforts to challenge additional facility requirements associated with liquid overfill ($5.2M/yr), eliminated unjustified re-rates scope by reevaluating hydraulics ($400k), optimized T/A scope to deliver projects 5+ months ahead of schedule.
· Types of projects designed: Water chemical treatment, Cooling towers, Furnaces, Condensate system, Tankage, Fire Protection, Liquid Overfill, Tower Optimization, BLEVE mitigation, HAZOP Follow-ups, Operations cost reductions, Unit Debottlenecking
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: