Dedicated professional with over 25 years of law enforcement experience. Well-rounded detailed oriented professional seeking a supervisory position in the law enforcement field.
- Responsible for directing the daily activities of the unit
- Assume the duties of the Sergeant in his absence
- Complete yearly evaluations of all investigators assigned to the unit
- Check and approve or deny daily reports
- Completely yearly on-call schedule for investigators
- Rotate supervisor on-call with the Sergeant and call-out investigators as needed
- Investigate citizen complaints and internal affairs investigations when assigned
- Coach and counsel investigators on performance when needed
- Perform other supervisory duties as required
- Prepare the yearly on-call schedule for the unit
- Acting supervisor of the unit in the absence of the unit supervisors
- Check and approve or deny reports in the absence of the unit supervisors
- Investigate general crime, capital crimes, identity theft, fraud, credit card theft, embezzlement, and forgery.
- Prepare and complete detailed case reports.
- Arrest suspects and prepare cases for court.
- Coordinate with other law enforcement agencies.
- Receives drug complaints from the public and from other officers.
- Conduct surveillance on targets, conduct research on suspects, prepare warrants for search and arrest, prepare case reports, make arrests, and coordinate assistance with other law enforcement agencies
- Conduct investigations on gang activity
- Conduct investigations for vice related crimes
- Collect evidence and take crime scene photography
- Assist the prosecution in the preparation of pre-trial evidence
- Write and serve warrants
- Conduct difficult fraud investigations
- Develop criminal informants
- Conduct background investigations
- Conduct surveillance
- Prosecute cases in court
- Investigated criminal incidents that are related to illegal controlled substances with the goal of identifying, arresting, and prosecuting the offender and removing illegal controlled substances from the community
- Filed appropriate complaints for arrest warrants and attempted service of same
- Collaborated with other officers, including representatives of other law enforcement agencies, as well as the District Attorney's Office and judicial officials in matters pertaining to drug investigations.
- Planned and participated in the execution of search warrants, including conducting
intelligence briefs and completing PowerPoint presentations and assisting with threat assessments for warrant service by the Tactical Service Unit
- Maintained intelligence files for all assigned cases while assuring accuracy and
- Maintained assigned Narcotics Unit funds required to make controlled purchases of illegal controlled substances and conduct monthly audits of the assigned funds.
- Utilized the latest investigative technology including electronic surveillance equipment, GPS tracking devices, social media, and other internet technology.
- Conducted covert surveillance on potential areas or suspects.
- Conducted investigations while operating in a covert or undercover capacity.
- Patrolled school property in a police car or on foot; checked doors and windows of school buildings
- Examined school property and vehicles on the property; detected and followed up on unusual conditions; maintained surveillance and observation for any criminal matters on school premises
- Reported dangerous or defective streets, sidewalks, traffic lights, or other hazardous conditions to proper authorities.
- Responded to calls for assistance, complaints, suspicious activity, domestic disputes, loud and disruptive behavior or any other criminal matters on school premises; completed calls by determining the true nature of the situation and took whatever legal or persuasive action that was warranted.
- Investigated traffic accidents; issued traffic citations; directed traffic and participated in other emergency operation activities.
- Performed investigations of accidents or possible crimes through observation, questioned witnesses, victims, and suspects; gathered physical evidence; performed investigative tasks, arrested and processed offenders; presented and testified of findings in court or diversionary proceedings.
- Safeguarded the lives and property of the people to reduce the incidence and fear of crime, and to enhance the publics safety while working with the community to improve their quality of life.
- Actively patrolled assigned areas to prevent and detect crimes.
- Conducted thorough investigations of serious injury and fatality traffic accidents.
-Investigated and reported crimes, accidents, offenses and damage to property.
- Secured crime scenes, gathered evidence and questioned witnesses.
- Gathered necessary information for court appearances and testified as a witness under oath in court.
North Carolina Women's Law Enforcement Association
Certified Voice Stress Analyst 2015
Crisis Negotiator 2010
Advanced Law Enforcement Certificate 2007
Intermediate Law Enforcement Certification 2005
General Basic Law Enforcement Certificate 1997
Job Titles Held: